Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you roll the front wheel (either with it in the air or on the ground), you should see and or feel a noticable bump or wobble. My guess is that the bars got bent, at least one of them... The forks travel through the bars, so it'd be pretty hard to misalign the tire and the bars (unlike on a bicycle where the neck is the single pivot point...).

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you're convinced that the bars and wheel are straight, get the wheel off the ground then loosen the axle and try turning the fork legs in or out. You might even go so far as to loosen the forks in the triple clamps and see if that doesn't straighten it up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess I should mention, if you loosen the forks, put something under the wheel to prop it up and don't loosen everthing all at once. Otherwise the front wheel and forks will all try to drop out on ya. This could also shift the weight of the bike, making it fall over if you're not prepared.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Did you buy the bike new or used? If you bought it new then take it back to the dealer and see if they can solve the issue under warranty. If you bought it used, then take it to a dealer and have them check it out. Unless you know what you are doing, messing with wheel alignment is kinda sketchy IMO. Thats something that could kill you in a corner, or even just cruising on the road. Get it checked out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright guys new problem lol. front brakes feel like they went out and by that I mean when I press on the lever it feels real mushy and I have to hold the lever all the way for the brakes to catch.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mushy brakes are almost always because of air bubbles. Do you have a pin prick in the line? Is the caliper itself pretty smashed up? Is the rotor warped? Have the pads fallen out? (sounds like a far shot, but my girlfriends-girlfriend hit a curb like a week ago.. Literally knocked the pads out of the caliper. Never heard of that one before. :-\) Are you low on fluid?

I'd bet there's an issue with the soft line, if it isn't that you're just low on fluid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they said anywhere from 86$ to 120$, and that's just to look at it and run computer stuff on it and realign the forks. hopefully the forks aren't bent.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Travisty said:
my girlfriends-girlfriend hit a curb like a week ago.. Literally knocked the pads out of the caliper. Never heard of that one before.
I had a ford ranger that i was on my way to work with and all of a sudden the back end of the truck was jumping around and i was like WTF! and it turns out that i lost both shoes off one side of the rear and they were flying around and around in the drum while i was driving! ( of course i turned around and hi-jacked my moms car to get to work at that time :D )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts