Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
We ar so proud of Bill .he worked very hard for this.700hp and he was not using it all. The next thing to do is 300 mph on a one mile track.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
NO.... and there are bumps and the beginning of long shutdown has a slight right hand turn. That is why I am not to upset about loosing Maxton. We are outgrowing the track.Bill can not do anything but handling runs at Maxton. The new people at the Maxton track have destroyed it. tearing up the return road and digging a ditch beside the track. After October Maxton will be History.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
So I tried to share this with a buddy at work, and he doesn't believe this without article cred. How did you guys find out about it? Any links, references? I can only find stuff on the record he set last year in September...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I found out because I am friends with Bill.I should have been there but I missed the race . It is going to be in all the magazines. BBC world news Fox NBC CBS ABC You name it they are looking for information.
This is the first video that came out Sunday night. Right after it happen.

‪Bill Warner 311 MPH‬‏ - YouTube

the bike is not the same bike that ran 278 in Texas. That is a street bike. The Blue bike is like a totally purpose built bike Made to go 300 mph in a mile. This Lorine track is 1.5 miles long.But remember this was only the first full power run for the bike.. He was allowed to make a couple 170 mph handling runs at Maxton In June..But this was the first test and it put 60 mph on the next fastest bike out there. Smashing his own record by 30 mph.

This is a good link .... http://motorcyclesandlife.blogspot.com/2011/07/bill-warners-311-mph-busa.html

Notice the time on the record slip. 28 seconds. That is 0 to 311 mph in 28 seconds.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Last week Bill Warner went down at 238mph. He was at th e Texas Mile. He is OK but has a broken wrist and ankle plus some ribs. He is a great guy and I want to offer some prayers for his speedy recovery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.