Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new Shark S900C Helmet.
Love the design, and the quality and fit is excellent.
Haven't used it on the road yet, but with a drop down visor and inflatable cheek pads for a perfect fit, I'm so looking forward to that first ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Awesome. We expect a review once you have enough ride time with it! It looks sweet! Hopefully it performs how it looks.

09 ST3R
09 N250R

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do Nef!
Pity the weather is so bad here at the moment, Winter is just kicking off here. We seem to have great weather through the week, then it cracks up Friday afternoon, and the weekend is crap!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It's nice here ... But winter is definitely knocking at the door. I aignt opening. It's going to have busy the door down!

09 ST3R
09 N250R

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I finally got out on the bike. It's been nearly 2 months, so I was itching to get out there.

The helmet is extremely comfortable, and I really concentrated on the wind noise, as it has been mentioned by other owners. While I have not tried them back to back, I think it is a little quieter than my Shark RSI.

The drop down sun visor works a treat. There is only a little amount of vision that is not covered by the sun visor, and it is so far out of your field of vision it is barely noticeable.

It took me a while to notice the biggest difference between my old and new helmet. The is barely any head bobble anymore, and that has improved the ride 100%!

I fiddled with the helmet when I stopped at my parents place after noticing one of the press studs holding the cheek pad in place had come loose. I mustn't have locked the visor back in place properly. About 20mins later, I was hearing this strange buzzing noise and it seemed to be coming from the visor. I was travelling at highway speeds at the time, so it was certainly noticeable, but disappeared at slower speeds. When I finally stopped and raised my visor it popped out from one side straight away. Something to keep in mind in the future.

So overall, I am rating this helmet as excellent. $380AUD well spent!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.