Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally did it. I kept telling myself for 15 years...."next summer I am getting a bike". After that many years I have realized it will never happen unless I just go do it. It will never be a good time financially so just go for it and have fun. Well I did. I rode dirt bikes as a kid, not very much, but I loved the feeling of being on motorcycle. Everytime I saw someone on one while I was driving my SUV, I would get more and more jealous. So this year I went for it. I was having trouble deciding what to get to start off. I looked at so many different bikes but nothing really made my brain scream out "Gotta have that!!". Nothing ofcourse, until I saw the 2011 Ninja 650R sitting next to the ZX6. Both of these bikes made alarms go off in my brain. This was exactly what i was looking for. Knowing nothing about bikes I asked the sales guy the difference between the two and found out that really the only thing in common was the name ninja. He told me that for a first bike the 650R was the way to go. Better riding position, more comfortable, more forgiving power and control and a huge difference on insurance prices. Where I live most insurance companies boost the insurance on the zx6 by about 400% to price themselves out of the market. So I sat on both anyways and actually preferred the 650R. Next choice was colour. Only offered in Black or orange and black. So I just went with what I liked and got the all black one. I didnt want to be that guy that dumps his bike in the dealership parking lot when he picks it up the first day. So, I had them deliver it to my house. I sat on it for two days in the garage before I built the courage to ride it. I actually found it so easy once I got going. I ended up putting on just shy of 100kms on my first ride and I cant wait to go back out again. I love the sound of this bike and it is so smooth shifting through the gears. I will put pics up soon. However there is nothing special about it. Just a completely stock all black 650R.

anyways, this is me saying Hello to everyone

SG

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hey SG!

Glad to have you on board! Post up some pics of the bike, and maybe your face? Also, where does SEEGALE come from? How's the riding weather in your area? You are a Kanuckian, right? Hope you enjoy this place as much as we do!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL Kanuckian maybe if you mean Canadian...but usually I think of a Kanuckian or Canuckian to be from the west coast (Vancouver area). Pics will be up as soon as I get some nice shots. Have the motorcycle safety course booked. Just taking it real easy until then. I am not a Squid by any stretch of the imagination. Took it up nice and slow to 60MPH (i realize this is not really fast at all...but it was my first time).. with full riding gear (well not riding pants...had jeans on). However, everything else was good and safe stuff. Arai profile helmut, Rev-it Dragon jacket, and I forget which gloves i bought but they have the hard plastic knuckles and a very thick leather palm, and good leather boots that go up over the ankle. I am in no hurry to hurt myself so I will definitely be careful and as I said I am taking a course as well. I just can't get in until september. They book up really fast around where I live. Oh and Spooph.....I am not sure I should put a picture of my crazy face up here. Seems like your crazy face pic should be a one and only on here. LOL.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

SG

oh almost forgot. Seegale came from about 12 or 13 years ago when I was trying to start a hotmail.com email account. stevegale was taken, sgale was taken, ....and so on...so it just ended up that seegale was the only thing that would work. it just stuck for all my usernames since. My name is Steve.....but I am not Steven Seagal or related to him.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Seegale, great to see another 650R on here!! We may need a sub forum all to ourselves here soon!!! I think thats about 5 or 6 650's currently represented!!

Awesome!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the detailed response! I think you're gonna fit in just right here. Awesome sense of humor! But you're wrong.... NN can always use more crazy faces... :p I however understand if you don't want us to know what you look like.. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.