Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all picking up my bike Tomrrow, Ninja 250R, First Bike, :thumb:

Question already is, Is Exhaust worth it on the 250?? An what kind,Full or Muffler? Slip on or bolt on?? Not sure the difference is? Never owned a Bike.. Thank you

·
Registered
928 Posts
I bought a full exhaust from sporisimotousa.com. If you do exhaust then you need to do a jet kit as well as the exhaust will lean out the bike even more than it already is. you need the jet kit to richin up the fuel a bit.

And Welcome to the site. Where are you located? What color and year 250 are you getting? Post pics of yourself and the bike when you get a chance. Tell us more about yourself too. You will enjoy your stay here. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Thanx man, Waltham MA. 2011 Red 250R, As soon as I get the bike I will take some pics..

Thanx for the on the exhaust, So if I just do a slip on muffler I do not need the jet kit.. Does the jet kit fix the idle hang if I do full exhaust also?

·
Registered
928 Posts
doing a jet kit will help no matter what you have done to the bike. This is also my first bike that is mine, but I've read a lot here and the people here will help a ton. The jet kit will help with the hesitation and starting the bike. I have the kit too, just got it this week. Planning to install all of my goodies this weekend that i have. There's aton of info on this site if you just search for it.

I'm not sure about if just doing a slip on necessitates the jet kit, but the jet kit is a good idea either way you look at it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i believe there are two carbs. I have also heard it takes about 3.5hrs to get the jet kit done from start to finish if you've never done it before. The biggest pita you will read about is getting the intake box out. Apparently it is a bear!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome ANM250R, good to hear from you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.