Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Been reading up a storm on the forums, lots of great knowledge here!

I'm from Ottawa, Canada
Just started riding this year, no real previous experience but did my safety course and caught on real well.

On June 28th I picked up a 2011 650R and I AM IN LOVE! What a great bike. Good amount of power yet not enough to get out of control for a newbie.

Since picking it, I've put 831km on it :thumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice bike! Jeeps and Ninja's, just go together. :thumb:

Felix! Spooph! We need an official sub-forum, for the 650R.
I just posted this is Seegales thread!!! Great minds eh Kurt!!:thumb:

Welcome Stealth, good to see more 650's on here!!:dance:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Actually I have to remember my 125 Roots!!!
But the true start for me was the 250 that Wifey is riding now, loved that bike!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes all.

I know I'm in the honeymoon phase with my 650 but it's all I want to do. I had a good routine before the bike, would jog every morning etc.... now I get up, put my gear on and hit the road!

I can't believe I didn't get in to this sooner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another 650R guy and from the same place as me. LOL we also got the same colour. Not that there was a whole lot of choice. Did you get yours at the Ottawa GTC? I need to get more practice on mine. Had it delivered the day before Canada Day and have only been able to get out once...."stupid working all the time getting in the way of riding" lol can't wait to go out again. Oh and Happy July 4th to all those south of the Border!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey SeeGale,

Haha, there is no denying good taste! I also liked the Candy Orange but not as much as the all black. I did get it a GTC, picked it up on Weds. Good timing before the long weekend :)

I can't seem to stay off it. Got two shorter rides in by noon today. Up to 892km now :) :) :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome! I am almost done work at the Arnprior hospital...then on my way home to get the bike out for one more quick ride before sun down. Damn M1 rules LOL. c'mon august so I can get the M2. You must have had your course booked a long time ago.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a little lucky. I booked my course in May for sometime late July but said if there was any cancellations that'd I'd be happy to jump in.

Got a call back after two weeks saying they had a spot 2nd week of June, so I wrote my M1 on a Friday and the next week did my course. Aug 9th I hand over the paperwork for my M2.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The Official - Go Team Black !!!! Welcoming committee.

WooHoo !!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.