Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Probably a Sport-Touring tyre would be suitable. Hard compound in the middle, with a softer side wall for cornering.

·
1,458 Posts
If all ypur using this for is a commuter tire I will tell you this. The battlax tire ( only time you would ever hear this from me) is a very viable option however because you live in colder/wetter temperatures than the south Id say te pilot road 4 is the only option. Hard compound while still offering good tire life and grip with extra help to push away water. The battalx tire is garbage for everything other than commuter. Full bore also make a very cheap option of a commuter tie with decent grip at a low low cost but wont last as long and will require more changes. My number 1 choice would be themichelin pilot road

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have some Michelin Power 2CT and they seem to be a great tyre. Whatever you do get let it be a dual or triple compound. It should provide longer wear and better traction all around.

09 ST3R

·
1,458 Posts
Its not necessarily about the number of compounds but about the compound itself. I know from self experience and tires that all the guys ride. The road 4 has been the best tire for putting on miles without getting to far
Into sacrificing the grip for curves

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.