Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you saw the forums were recently hacked. Luckily we had backups and the down time was less then 12 hours. You are probably wondering who the heck I am so I will provide an intro and some insight into some changes that have taken place.

A couple months ago redrider contact me letting me know that this community was going to be shut down due to the expenses of running the site and limited time availability to keep it going. He was telling one of his friends about my predicament of wanting to keep our community online but not being able to afford it much longer. It just so happens that friend is an Admin on a forum I started 10 years ago and he told him that I had adopted various forums over the years. We had to move quickly and moved the site over before the last month's server bills were due. This means that New Ninja is now part of Social Knowledge, the small business that I run which focuses on fostering forums on various different topics.

The plan is to keep the team as is. We will upgrade the forum software to vBulletin.

Our intent was to post an announcement about this but I have not heard back from redrider after the site was moved to our server a couple months ago. I figured it was best to go ahead and post this on my own since I don't know when he will show up again and we need to move forward.

I'll post an formal intro after we make sure the site is as secure as possible. Our plan is to convert the software to vBulletin in the next few days and then tweak it to make it look nicer and make sure all the old data made it over successfully.

I look forward to working with you all in the years to come.

Andy

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hi!

Thanks for adopting us. We are generally good children, but there's always one redhead to ruin it all. Just ignore the redhead.

:)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Andy, thanks for the headsup. Keep them coming. There are a few long-timers quite concerned.

And thank you for adopting us and not letting this place be erased.... :D It is much appreciated. If you need something from the community here, please ask, and I have no doubts this group will step up and make it happen.

So, the next question. Do you ride? If not, when are you going to start? :p

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have been on this forum since the beginning.most of you are like family.anything I can do to help out. Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Thanks for the announcement. Now people can stop harassing me for details! :p :p

You'll be hearing from me lots Andy, hope you don't end up regretting the 'adoption'. If you could pm/email me a better way of contacting you that would be great.

Like racerx I've been here a long time, and want to ensure NN's continued survival and expansion. I've put a lot of time into this site and enjoy it's community!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
zartan said:
Can we have stickers? :)
lmao...it was just a matter of time before someone asked!

Yes thank you for the adoption, this site is key to most of our daily rituals. I have people on here I'd rather talk to than my own friends which is saying something, its like a family. Good to see security will be tight and I'm looking forward to the new designs. Anything we can do to make the transition easier just let us know.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
zartan said:
Can we have stickers? :)
lol Z

I'm so confused Right now!. So red like sold the site to you (Andy) now you run the site? So no more red?

I'm gonna go crawl under a rock until I actually understand.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
im with u delta. andy who?? red what?? felix how?? x when?? z stickers??! spooph ride?? virts ???? ok virts will always be virts... i need to slow down on this coffee (shivering)

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Delta107 said:
Does the chat not work anymore?
Nope lol. Probably a security threat, or part of the update. Funny how many times I've clicked on chat and someone with a user name I've never seen before leaves immediately...thats when things started to seem fishy.

·
Registered
656 Posts
what the heck is a sticker and I want one.

I have been here sense last summer :) everyone loves me most of the time.

Agreed, first thing I do when I Wake is turn the xbox on and look up newninja for my daily updates.

~audi

·
Registered
656 Posts
virtualmatrix258 said:
Nope lol. Probably a security threat, or part of the update. Funny how many times I've clicked on chat and someone with a user name I've never seen before leaves immediately...thats when things started to seem fishy.
yeah soon as I started loading up the chat some anonymous would leave immediately.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have a bike at the moment but I do like to ride. I have never owned a street bike but grew up riding dirt and in the last decade rented bikes in Thailand (crazy trying to deal with traffic there), Brazil & Uruguay. Basically I spent 4.5 years backpacking and living in cheap countries so I could lower my cost of living and try to start a company that manages online forums.

Red said he was going to still be around but I think life got hectic for him. I emailed him a couple weeks ago about posting an announcement and have not heard back. I hope he's just busy and that everything is OK.

Once we get converted to vBulletin then we can setup a better chat room.

Yes, we can make stickers but first things first. I want to make sure our software conversion is dialed in, that the team has tools they need to manage the site and that we are settled, then we can work on stickers and other cool stuff.

Felix, PM is the best way to get a hold of me, I get an email when they arrive.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Phew!! Everything is back!! I was really panicing there for a while.
Andy, welcome to the nut house, I've seen you lurking around for awhile along with Janet H, and Tech Admin, and it's good that you finally know how to speak!!

As everyone has already said, this is just like a big family, there are just more black sheep than normal!!! :p

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome,
Stickers is a long standing joke around here.
How do you make money managing sites? Will we have a premium coming our way or will we have advertising? I am Not opposed to advertising as long as it is in the rhelm of the topic of the forum.

Andy R said:
Felix, PM is the best way to get a hold of me, I get an email when they arrive.
I think that was a problem today when the site was down. Felix had no way to PM to find out what was happening.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts