Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name is chris and I've been riding a Victory Vegas 8-ball and finally getting the bike I've been wanting, a 2007 ZX-6R all black!!! I feel like I got lucky, it's a 07 with only 906 miles, it's still a brand new bike!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on the finding that 6r. The Vic is no slouch but, the 6 is going to be a totally different world. Have you ridden a sportbike before? How long have you been riding? You're going to have a blast on that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, this will be my first sportbike. I love the Vic but I've been wanting the 6r...wife's not thrilled I'm getting this bike, she thinks I don't need both bikes lol I've been riding almost a year and I'm looking forward to the different world lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'll get some pics up as soon as I figure out how lol no mods to the vic except for upgraded pipes, I love that bike as is so I don't think I'm gonna do anything else to it....as far as riding here in Hawaii, it's pretty awesome. Weather is usually great and the views are even better than the pictures!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just take it easy on that beast until you get a feel for her. A few suggestions, I you don't mind. This may be stuff you have already done so, take what you can use and leave the rest. Due solely to age check your tires for dry rot. Inspect your fork seals for the same. Flush and replace all your fluids and give you cables a good lubing. Check the chain to make sure it hasn't dried out and kinked or totally rusted over from sitting. If there was fuel in it, you may need to flush the tank and run a cleaner to get the gum out of the lines and injectors. Hope I haven't overstepped my bounds. Congrats again.

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries, I accept all advice!! I had a couple friends of mine who know a lot more about bikes than me and they checked everything you said. The bike I'd in the shop now being completely flushed out bc it sat so long, and yeah I def plan on going easy til I get a better feel for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.