Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just so happen to find a 2013 ZX 636R with only 1 mile on it. So I bought it. It is my first motorcycle ever and I have already put 400 miles on it in 2 weeks. I think I am in love. I am having a problem with my hands going numb while riding after a few minutes friends are saying I am gripping it to tight. I don't think that's sounds advice....I don't want to fall off the motorcycle lol. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome to the site Kawijay, your friends are correct, and you are holding on too tight. You should be holding onto the bike more with your legs around the tank.
I would suggest reading Twist of the Wrist 2, or you can find a video on youtube about it

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I second Zandit, purchasing the Twist of the Wrist book is worth the investment. And if you can catch the Vid on YT that really helps drive some of the information home a bit, specially if you're a visual person.

All in all welcome and welcome to the party. Great people here and even more great moto threads!!! Read up ...and enjoy the ride.

·
1,458 Posts
You are probably gripping to tight. Change you body position to where your riding the same but are able to have you elbows be wobbly. To
Do this you need weight on your pegs and a straight lower back. You won't " fall off" it won't happen but you shouldn't have to do much squeezing of the handle bars at all. You arms are straight. Bend at the elbow and take the weight off your Hands and wrist. Your hands may be numb now but You keep riding like that you have super bad wrist Too

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I would also recommend an MSF course.
You have admitted to being new to riding, so learn from the experts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I have been through 2 MSF courses with no problems at all. I will purchase the book and just chalk it all up to relaxing and getting adjusted to the experience. Kinda feels natural to lean forward and put all weight on my hands and wrist being 6'4" on a ZX-636R lol. I will make the adjustmeants. Thanks again!

·
1,458 Posts
Jay it may feel that way but if your putting weight on your hands the bike will handle unnaturally. You may no know what I mean yet but trust
Me when I say the bike is easier to
Ride when you push down on your pegs and straighten you back. The bike will take a curve better and feel more stable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jay it may feel that way but if your putting weight on your hands the bike will handle unnaturally. You may no know what I mean yet but trust Me when I say the bike is easier to Ride when you push down on your pegs and straighten you back. The bike will take a curve better and feel more stable.

Agreed! I will give these suggestions my immediate attention.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My engine overheating.

Hi. Just bought a 2011 ninja 250. Nice bike. But after two weeks, the coolant water start to flow extensively and the bike is always overheating. It got jammed last week. Had sent it to do overhaul. The sama thing happen again.

What is the cause of the coolant water is overflow and the radiator fan, even after the switch and the fan has been changed, still it did not turn on and leaving the engine overheating! Pls help me fellow bikers

·
1,458 Posts
So let me get this straight you put a manual switch on your radiator. And now your bike is still overheating correct? If so that sounds like your radiator is clogged to me and that now your water pump is a little more worn because of it

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Try and unclog your radiator would probably be a good next step. I haven't done it myself though ... So I can't advise. Sorry to hear about your challenges.

Once you get through them you will appreciate your Ninja that much more.

09 ST3R

·
1,458 Posts
You could try a radiator flush. You could try using a water hose but I doubt that would get
It but just might. Either way you will need to take the radiator off the bike Drain all the fluid by removing the hose from the water pump

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys. Have changed my radiator cap, done the radiator flushing, but i had one more problem. When i went for a ride and the moment i switch off my engine, there was a bubbly sound coming from the coolant. The sound as if something was sucking the water from the coolant. The sound is there after i switch off my engine about 20-30seconds. This is not normal right. What should i do

·
1,458 Posts
Okay so hear are my questions. Do you see
Coolant on the ground? If so you probably
Blew The head gasket when overheating the motor. If not. You need to do a compression check of the cylinders. You may have cracked your motor so a compression check is mandatory. When you did the coolant flush was you water milk chocolate colored etc. what does your oil look like? When you ran the bike did it smoke? Does the bike seem Sluggish?

·
1,458 Posts
You have to have a special tool to do a compression check. But basically it screws into your spark plug hole. You turn over the bike and read the compression. Repeat for each cylinder. They must be within a certain pressure

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.