Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, First time posting here. I already went to my local dealership and really fell in love with the newly redone Kawasaki Ninja 650. I just turned 48 and really want to get back into riding. Figured it would be a Great bike for beginners as well as intermediate and advanced riders. Its been a long time since I have been on a bike. A lot of my peers and some friends are on cruisers, but its just not for me. I like sport bikes but feel like perhaps those are best suited for younger people. And yes I would take a refresher training course before hitting the road and I really want to take a course for novice or beginning track once I get a bike.

I'm about to pull the trigger and get one if the dealer can hook me up with the best deal. But I am having second thoughts. I am feeling kind of silly getting a sport bike at this age. Although 48 is not that old. I just want to ride and join a group and have fun get and out and enjoy life and the bike. I'm single so don't have to worry about the misses giving me grief. Besides I figured this may be a great way to meet people. So I would appreciate any comments good or bad regarding age of rider and bikes be it sport or cruisers. Any SF Bay Area groups let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to family Ryzek, and nice choice on which bike you want to buy.
I'm 37 and have only been riding for 3 years, but I know of guys in their 50's riding the 650R. It has a great upright riding position for those who don't want a supersports like a ZX, R1/6, GSXR etc.
The bike is great for touring and long trips are gobbled up with ease and comfort, plus there are heaps of accessories to make it your own.
Mechanically, there are a few changes from the earlier models like mine, and the frame and body is totally new, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to hit us up!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.