Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys N' gals. Ninjeff here.

I was told to come here and introduce myself, and so i shall.

I'm currently a new driver, i don't have my full license yet, and i'm working on getting my first bike. I'm going for a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250, Passion Red. Now i'm not 100% inexperienced with bikes, I've had my fun in the mountains on ATV's but only ever driven a dirt bike once. That's where my decision to spend $795 on a 30 hour motorcycle course, that takes place next week. I wouldn't be getting a bike without this course, so i'm taking all safety precautions.

A issue i have that some people seem to frown on is that i'm going for a brand new bike for my first. I have no need for speed, no need for large amounts of power, and I just want a sporty ride that gets me from A-B throughout the year. I don't want a second hand bike on the premises it could have issues and i have no way of getting it repaired without paying through the nose. So i feel this is the best way. No you can't talk me out of it :p

I hope to be riding by the end of this month, and i absolutely can't wait to post pictures of my bike, once i get it.

I do have a small dilemma, and if you know anything about Ninja exhaust sounds, Help me out!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome to the site Ninjeff, and I'm glad to see you have your head screwed on straight by taking the motorcycle course, well done!
I have no worries recommending the 250R to begineers, and you are right when it comes to new versus secondhand, you don't know what you are getting, just keep in mind that it is not a matter of if, but when, you have your first drop. Unfortunately it will happen, it happens to everyone, side stand is not down properly, you stall at the lights and can't get your feet down quick enough, turn too tightly and lock the steering etc etc.
I'm not trying to scare you, but you have to be aware that your brand new bike may get some dings and scratches, but they all tell a story!
Good luck with everything, and keep us informed on how your course goes!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, on both accounts. I do know my bike won't stay brand new, but every scratch or ding i put on it, i'll know when and how i did it. I'll keep up-to-date progress on the classes, they start wednesday! I'm so excited!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome I'm happy for you I brought my bike used I haven't any problems I fill your energy that how I was get some frame sliders you should be able to in stall your self . Check before you purchase it will help keep scratches away . Congrats on your course you will pass with colors because it something you want to do the right way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.