Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name is Rachel, I'm sure you can tell by my pictures that I have a 2011 Kawasaki ninja 250R. I learned how to ride on my friends CBR600RR, but I knew for my first bike I wanted something smaller, and I love my Ninja. I haven't done any mods yet because I just got it on July 1st. During the off season I plan on doing all of my modifications and having my bike ready for next spring! Some of the mods include, new paint job(paint job on it is obviously brand new, but I want it to be pink.. I have an awesome pink/black/white racing paintjob picked up, it'll look so sick) fender eliminator FOR SURE, and a Two Brothers slip on carbon fiber black series exhaust. All of the other things I plan on doing to it are minor, like new levers that match the bike colors and new LED turn signals and stuff.. If anybody is from the Pittsburgh PA area that would like to meet up for a ride before the season is over, let me know!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks boys! I came to this forum so that I could meet other riders(hopefully some in my area) to increase the amount of people I ride with and switch things up a little bit. When you say vinyl job, I've never heard of that so I am unfamiliar with how that would work. Can you explain? I considered getting already painted plastics, but I'd have to get my gas tank painted regardless.. I probably won't be able to sell it after all is said and done because it will be all girled out, and actually I'll definitely be upgrading in the near future to a bigger engine. I love my ninja, but I learned on a CBR600RR, so I can handle a bigger engine, I'll just need to get it lowered is all.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Vinyl Wrapping:
Vinyl Power Sports Wraps for Sports Machines - The Coolest Custom Wraps on the Planet!

Or my local resources, who does some fantastic work - unfortunately he hasn't gotten his website up and running yet:

117 Wiest Drive, Estes Park, CO 80517http://bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v...ty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL1&mkt=en-US

970-577-1407

Essentially it's a second skin of Vinyl you stretch over all the plastics on your bike and it's more durable than paint, and you can remove it at any time if you want. Usually it's also a bit cheaper than paint....

·
Registered
15 Posts
welcome Rachel, I am new too :) You will enjoy your little bike, the new Ninjas are pretty impressive, I have a 2011 model. Was the best thing I ever did was buy my first bike. Met so many awesome people, made some fantastic friends & have had so much fun! Your bike will change your life!

Have you thought about saving all your money for your bigger bike, spend $'s on training courses ie: cornering & braking courses & trackdays? Instead of painting your bike? Just some awesome advice given to me several years ago when I started riding. I wanted to paint my first bike (she was second hand) & spend $'s on her but I just rode her & kept her serviced etc & saved for my new bike , my CBR600RR :thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah yes, pink ninja will be coming soon ! and I won't be upgrading bikes until after I pay this one off, so I will be customizing it to a T and have it for awhile before upgrading. Spooph, I can't thank you enough for the vinyl wrap idea, I found a really good site and been talking to the head guy for a couple of hours now about some ideas I have and I'm thinking it might be a better option than painting, but regardless it's always good to have options, so thank you very much for the info and idea, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Coin, whoever, thanks so much for the vinyl idea! Boar don't play coy, your all sitting on pins and needles waiting to see my pink ninja :)

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Boar, that was very uncalled for, and I am very disappointed in you! :p
Not the kind of support I'd expect from a fellow 650 rider!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Hmmm, will have to thank Indie for that one!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
When you say vinyl job, I've never heard of that so I am unfamiliar with how that would work. Can you explain?
It's basically a big sticker. So you apply a coloured sticker to your entire bike. That way the original paint is untouched and you can peel it off if you ever feel the need.

If you don't care about resale then it might be easier to go with the paint.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.