Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the first forum app or site I have used, but this seems like a good one to start with. Little bit about myself, I'm former military, do not own a bike at this time but have been riding since I was small. I'm looking in tiger ting a bike the end of this mo beginning of next mo due to the weather we've been having here it would not be good to get it yet. I have it narrowed down to the 2015 ninja 650ABS or the 2016 ninja 650 ABS, seeing as how the only thing that has changed on them is the fairings in the past 11 years, but I'm wanting to know if anyone knows of any differences on the two bikes that I might not know of or can read about. Any input would be great on this. Thank you and I look forward to talking to ppl from here.

·
1,465 Posts
The ninja 650 is a great all around bike. You couldn't go wrong either way. Comfortable riding position, great commuter, nimble, and still has enough performance to really get the blood flowing. I used to ride a 650 and a fz1 when I worked at the dealership everyday for my lunch vehicle. I'm still into the super sports more but I actually tell a lot of ppl to go with the 650.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought, thank you for the input. I'm heading up to the dealership next weekend to pick the bike up, one of those last min choices. If there truly is no differences I think the 2015 is the way I'll be going I think the look is better than the 2016.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
The only differences between the 2 years is paint selection, and maybe some new stickers. Everything else is the same.
They have made a few mechanical changes over the years, mostly to remove vibrations from the bike which is a normal occurrence with parallel twins. They've also played with the cams etc to produce a smoother throttle response.
If you;re looking to do some mods like an exhaust etc, keep in mind that from 2012 onwards, the exhaust is one piece so there is no slip-ons available unless you replace the headers with ones from before 2012(they all fit). There is heaps of aftermarket support as well. Good luck with the purchase!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only differences between the 2 years is paint selection, and maybe some new stickers. Everything else is the same. They have made a few mechanical changes over the years, mostly to remove vibrations from the bike which is a normal occurrence with parallel twins. They've also played with the cams etc to produce a smoother throttle response. If you;re looking to do some mods like an exhaust etc, keep in mind that from 2012 onwards, the exhaust is one piece so there is no slip-ons available unless you replace the headers with ones from before 2012(they all fit). There is heaps of aftermarket support as well. Good luck with the purchase!
Thanks for the feed back, you confirmed what I thought, the only mods I plan for right off is changing to LED lighting, anything else would come later. By the way your bike looks sweet from the pics. I know I'm thinking about going with a light mod for the helmet as well since I work all different hours and it seems like ppl don't look for bikes at night. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Thanks for the feed back, you confirmed what I thought, the only mods I plan for right off is changing to LED lighting, anything else would come later. By the way your bike looks sweet from the pics. I know I'm thinking about going with a light mod for the helmet as well since I work all different hours and it seems like ppl don't look for bikes at night. Lol
Thanks for the compliment Gwaid, most appreciated.
It's for sale if you're interested. I'm sure you can find a great shipping price from Tasmania to OK!!!:whistling:

·
1,465 Posts
In terms of led lighting. What do you plan on doing? I will tell you many ppl will tell you ways to do things. They may or may not work but if changing blinkers to led lights you need to install state 2 load resistors made by led concepts. You can buy them at tobefast.com for around 20 usd. I have seen a lot of ppl try things and ppl try a stage 1 thinking they are gonna make it work. Don't waste your time and or have frustration. They are super easy to install and literally take seconds. They tie in to the power wire of any blinker and then tap back into the same power wire. Super super super easy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya blinkers and headlights for the time being I don't want to make to many changes. I called the dealer and will be getting the 16 green 650 abs so can't wait till Friday for that. Thank you to all for helping me out I will upload the pics once it home😃

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.