Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys, finally got my Kawasaki and became a kawasakian! Mine is a 2012 zx-6r. I tried Yamaha R6 and ninja 250. I love r6's look, it looks meaner, though its seat is a little too high for me to feel "safe" and comfortable. 250 is too comfortable that I thought I was riding a bicycle. No offense to 250 owners, it just doesn't have what I wanted from a race-looking bike. My friends suggested me go with what i want, so... I did...

I have been riding 6r for only a few days, still getting to know it, the process is fun and exciting!

My friend owns a bike shop, so I get chances to test run different bikes, hopefully I can become a real rider sooner and safer with his help.

Nice to be here, thnx to all the helpful comments!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One quick question. Anyone has ohlins damper bracket installed on the bike? How does it work? Is it adjustable? Mine has one, it just feels weird when daily cruise, I don't how to describe it, it just feels like the handle shakes itself when riding, especially when turning. My friends told me its perfectly normal to feel like that when you have that bracket installed. What do you guys think?

·
1,465 Posts
Take a picture of it and post it. Im not sure what your describing but a dampner should not feel weird. It should feel stiff and ohlins are adjustable with the knob on the dampner. It should be tight enough that the bike will turn but only with force/pressure applied by your hands

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not sure what your describing but a dampner should not feel weird. It should feel stiff and ohlins are adjustable with the knob on the dampner. It should be tight enough that the bike will turn but only with force/pressure applied by your hands
im not with my bike, you can see that stick thing on the handle is the damper thing i am talking bout. It feels weird cos I'm a noobie? Possible? My friends tried, they thought it's perfectly normal to feel like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, the feeling stands out especially at low speed. It's not like pulling left and right. The force is not that strong. It's like when you run into some shallow dips on the roads off guard. It also feels like your front tire just suddenly roll on a small piece of soft and slippery material on the road. The tire pressure should be fine. They told me to ride more often so I will get used to it...

·
1,465 Posts
Taper. All I can tell you is it is not normal to
Feel shake in the handle bars and thats exactly what the dampener is supposed to stop. If your feeling shake then you should tighten the dampener to make it more stiff. What the dampener does is slow the side to side movement of the handlebars by way of adjustable valving. It may be a number of things bit what id suggest is to remove the dampener and see if it changes the ride for the better. If it does then you know the dampener needs to be sent in for a valving job. Id suggest you go with the race valving which uses a different fluid as well. If it doesnt change anything maybe its time for a tire change If it shakes all the time. Then again it could be the rotor is warped. Start with removing the dampener and see
If it improves . The bike shouldnt shake except for extreme circumstances or even improper riding positioning for weight Transfer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.