Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up peps? I just wanted to introduce myself, my names Derek I'm from Norfolk NE, and I just got a ninja 650 er 6n, 2009. So far I love it, especially the naked front. Been on atv's and small dirt bikes before but this tops it for sure. Thanks

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Hey what's up peps? I just wanted to introduce myself, my names Derek I'm from Norfolk NE, and I just got a ninja 650 er 6n, 2009. So far I love it, especially the naked front. Been on atv's and small dirt bikes before but this tops it for sure. Thanks
Welcome...respect the bike.....:whistling:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
The 650 really doesn't get a lot from spending a lot of $$$ from expensive upgrades. I changed out my air filter to a hurricane stainless one.....:thumb:
That helped a bit......
Not a lot, but it does breath better.....:dance:
I also removed the airbox snorkles to get rid a dead spot after installing the air filter.....:popcorn:
I would have to buy a full exhaust to change that out.....$$$$....
Then after that i'd have to change my fuel management controls......More $$$....:facepalm:
I have fuel injection n not carbs.....
But it seems by spending a grand i'd only get maybe lets say 10 extra HP......:rolleyes:
Just not worth it to me.......:ermm:
Maybe it is to u....?
My 2012 650 does quite well anyway......
Sure not a 636, but it leaves every cruiser that has tried me back in the dust......:dance:
N most cars too.....cept them Fking turbo foreigner jobs.....LOL...:eek:
Anyway the 650 is a fun bike to ride 4 me the way it is....n...insurance i can afford.....:thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$$

First off thanks for your input you probably just saved me from overspending on a bike I will most likely trade in years down the road. My 650er6n is a perfect first time bike for me, and I've really fallen for the naked bikes now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
First off thanks for your input you probably just saved me from overspending on a bike I will most likely trade in years down the road. My 650er6n is a perfect first time bike for me, and I've really fallen for the naked bikes now.
Yea 650's don't really respond very much to performance upgrades. If I were you, the only things I would do is a slip on exhaust, and an aftermarket air filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.