Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopping in to say hey, I picked up this 2009 250 last week for $2200. It's got a rebuilt title because it was laid over (Hence the flat black fairings), did I pay too much? Any thoughts? Anyway, I have had dirt bikes my entire life but I have always been a Honda guy myself...so I figured I would give the 250 a shot.. Primarily for the gas mileage since I drive about 30 minutes to school/work everyday(Marshall University, for anyone who gives a crap), but anyway now for pics of the bike and 1 of my car for kicks and giggles

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By ballinlikeabeave at 2011-03-27

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Welcome! That is a surprisingly clean looking bike, aside the the damaged fairings.... I think $2200 was a fair price. Not a steal, but fair.... The reason being that plastics are expensive... You can try and paint it yourself with rattle cans, and get matched paint through colorrite.com, and it will probably cost you around $100 in paint, with the risk of messing it up.... Beats almost $900 for those 2 stock fairing pieces... :p

What are you studying?

West Virginia, eh? You should meet up with Miss Busa!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about throwing some red on them today.. Some people (who know nothing about anything) have told me they think the black looks "cool" but Im somewhat of a perfectionist and it drives me crazy.... I am somewhat savvy with rattle cans (actually painted the rims on my car blue stripe and all) If I did decide to do it I would like to leave some black and more or less smooth out the transition from the front fairing instead of it looking like it was poorly done.

Also to answer your question spooph, I am a nursing major. Destined to wipe butts

But thanks for the welcome guys

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome!

You should put a little red on the flat black fairings and call your bike the "Black Widow"
No, no, no .................. put A Lot of Black of everything that is red until everything is totally black and ......... Ta-Da !!! You have "Midnight in the garden of Pure Evil" - ;D

·
Registered
656 Posts
I actually really like the flat black!

Welcome to the forum, the first mods you should do are.

15tooth front sprocket (at least 15tooth).
36$ muffler mod (open up that bottom end!)
Dyno jet jet kit for 78$ (get moar power!)

Those mods will make the bike MUCH more streetable, more passing power and lower cruising speed RPMS, I wish I had done them sooner but ohwell.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome mate!

Can you explain your screen name? The first thing that came to my mind was Bawling like a beaver, but I can't say that I have seen a beaver cry!!???;):p

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
ZOMG, Zandit, you are ridiculous! You need to go visit urbandictionary.com....

dammit Zandit, now you made me loose my train of thought....

oh yea, now I remember.... Nurses are cool! And they can drink like fish! If ever I get the chance, I'd like to buy you a beer! Good on ya for choosing that profession!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Long story short on my name... I played for a legion baseball team called the beavers.... and I have kindve used it for everything for the past couple of years... Its kindve like the 90s AOL screename that you cant seem to escape.

Now about the sprocket... is there any particular aftermarket brand to look for? May be a dumb question... but it seems like every forum has a particular set of vendors who make a product that everyone seems to be partial too..

And about the paint... I personally think it would be awesome to have an entirely flat black bike... but I think it will be way easier to throw some red paint on 2 fairings than black on 7,.. if anyone feels bored feel free so throw up a scheme with a little red on the black Id love to see because I plan to do something about it as soon as this school semester is over.
Once again thanks for all the welcomes

·
Registered
656 Posts
Long story short on my name... I played for a legion baseball team called the beavers.... and I have kindve used it for everything for the past couple of years... Its kindve like the 90s AOL screename that you cant seem to escape.

Now about the sprocket... is there any particular aftermarket brand to look for? May be a dumb question... but it seems like every forum has a particular set of vendors who make a product that everyone seems to be partial too..

And about the paint... I personally think it would be awesome to have an entirely flat black bike... but I think it will be way easier to throw some red paint on 2 fairings than black on 7,.. if anyone feels bored feel free so throw up a scheme with a little red on the black Id love to see because I plan to do something about it as soon as this school semester is over.
Once again thanks for all the welcomes
Not really (in regards to sprocket), just make sure it has the rubber gasket\spacer on the inside. Mine doesn't that I ordered so I have to keep it well oiled (steel on steel is bad).

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
What are you talking about Audi?

Beaver, Audi is right though, there's not really a "best" manufacturer.... JT sprockets tend to be the cheapest. They are also the heaviest, being made out of steel, but they last long because of that....

One day when I have too much money, I'll order a set of sidewinder sprockets... Some sort Wolverine-esque ty-moly. They say they'll replace any sprockets you wear out, and that they are next to near indestructible... I will be playing with ratios as I increase the power of my bike, and I'm not spending $400 on chain/sprockets more than once, so that's gotta happen first.... :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.