Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Mick. Ive been checking out the site for some time. Im a mad keen club racer from North Qeensland, Australia. Recently brought a 09 Ninja for a full time track bike. This is to replace my Honda RS 125. Tired of having a bike I have to push start, and run on avgas. I also race a KX250 Motard.
Entered the Ninja in a 3.5 hour road race last month. Run under lights in Townsville , N.Q. Three riders , one bike ,pony express. We ran standard bars and pegs. But still managed 3rd. Fell in love with the bike, but needs lots of development. Will post photos wnen my daughter is home.
Regards Mick.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Bloody hell, another Queenslander!!! Haven't you all drowned up there yet?!!!

Just kidding Mick!, Welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, for the welcome. 250 Motards are really easy to ride, they are very forgiving. Our track is a small track 950 metres long. The 250's run with the 450's But give very little away, because they are so easy to ride fast.
I ve only ridden motard this year and Im loving it, There are alot of bikes, and its very competive. They are a different breed of racer as well. They dont seem too mind crashing, And dont bring bad attitude back into the pits.
Please see photo of Ninja. its Stock. stock, stock.Im the little guy in the right hand side, Behind me is my son Cameron, who rides a 150 racer.The other guys are my 3hour team. We have 100 years of racing experience between us, HA, HA,
Cheers for now. Mick.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bike was race preped with a zero budget. Belly pan is home made fibre glass, cut standard farings to fit end case protection compulsory for track, homemade exhaust combines standard pipe shortened and gutted and a harley reverse cone mega phone, lets people know that you're going around them. Even ran standard tyres.
Cheers, Mick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for your concern Felix. We got a mini flood on Christmas day which blocked the highway for 4 days. Ruined our holiday plans , but no other damage. Im very concerned for the people on the centeral Queensland coast.
Whole towns evacuated. Flood water for a week. I have nothing to complain about.
I have been looking around the site. Lots of people doing cool things. A lot of wisdom as well. I have had my share of street bikes. GPZ900R, ZX10, old 91 model, K1RS. But Ive found the most fun I can have today is ridding little bikes fast on a track.
cheers for now, MICK.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.