Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been saving up to get a motorcycle and I'm almost there, I am thinking about getting a 07 ninja 250 but I think i am too tall for it. I am 6'6, I haven't had a chance to go sit on one yet, but advice would be great. Also, is there any way to lower the foot pegs or make modifications so i would fit better? I really like this bike and dont really want any other kind.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a 2011 ninja 250 for my first bike and love it! I'm 5'10 and it feels borderline small for me. I'm still comfortable on it but at your height I feel it will be small, but it depends on how comfortable you are on it I guess. I can't see you being that comfortable at all. As far as adjusting the foot pegs and stuff, I'm not to sure about that so I couldn't help you there pal. Good luck on your purchase and can't wait to see photos

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i actually went and sat on one today and found out that it is actually not to bad of a fit. i am more torso than legs i guess because it was only a little bit small. i could easily handle riding this bike around. So i guess ill start shopping around for a good price on one. :dance:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
John S said:
i actually went and sat on one today and found out that it is actually not to bad of a fit. i am more torso than legs i guess because it was only a little bit small. i could easily handle riding this bike around. So i guess ill start shopping around for a good price on one. :dance:
You need to ride one for an hour to see how it feels then ,also being 6"6 how heavy are you ?im 6"4 and 102kg and def wouldn't be comfortable on a 250 ,I ride a 2010 zx6r and that's comfortable for short blasts but not long ones !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to ride one for an hour to see how it feels then ,also being 6"6 how heavy are you ?im 6"4 and 102kg and def wouldn't be comfortable on a 250 ,I ride a 2010 zx6r and that's comfortable for short blasts but not long ones !
I am actually only 150 lbs, so im not too worried there. also, The problem with riding one for an hour is i havent learned how to ride motorcycles yet, so that could be a problem since i dont have one.... For the most part i would only be riding it to work and back and that never takes more than 30 minutes. But if i get a chance i will try and ride one for a while and see how it feels. thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, if i get a chance i will, that would probably help alot. But even just sitting on it for a little while did not feel uncomfortable so i dont see how that should change drastically from riding it. i understand it might be a little different because you are leaning and moving, but you are still sitting in the same position for the most part....

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
John S said:
yeah, if i get a chance i will, that would probably help alot. But even just sitting on it for a little while did not feel uncomfortable so i dont see how that should change drastically from riding it. i understand it might be a little different because you are leaning and moving, but you are still sitting in the same position for the most part....
You never sit still for long on a bike you should always be moving for the corners etc riding and sitting on a bike are completely different due o the weight of the bike etc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im thinking of buying a used one, do you think i should ask if the person will show me how to ride it to see if i comfortable? cause the last time i rode a motorcycle was a dirt bike 3 years ago

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
John S said:
well im thinking of buying a used one, do you think i should ask if the person will show me how to ride it to see if i comfortable? cause the last time i rode a motorcycle was a dirt bike 3 years ago
I would ask questions on how comfortable it was for them but not necessarily ask them how to ride it as they might ride in a completely different manner to yourself and others ,wait till you've past your tests and then go to a dealer and show lots of interest and test ride as much as possible and try different bikes !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.