Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy from Arizona looking for a 250 to commute to work and school. I went to two dealers here in phoenix and I got quoted for a 2011 for $5700, non negotiable because the profit for 250's is so low, and $5000 for a 2010 which is also brand new.

I've seen some waaay better deals that people have gotten on this site...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
yup yup, you be right. How much of that price is taxes/dealer fees though? The 250 has bumped in MSRP twice now.... But unless you want to travel, and possibly use the savings as gas money, you might be in a tough spot. You've checked craigslist, yes?

·
Registered
260 Posts
gotta add the crate fee, dealers get the bikes in a crate and have to assemble them. they charge for that, that is usually a $600 fee right there, that with the taxes is $1000. $4700 for mine for a 2010, put $2k down. If they aren't negotiating with you, they don't respect you as a consumer.

I went in with $2k cash, and all of a sudden they were ready to wheel and deal.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
$1,000 or $1,700 for shenanigans? That's tall man. No way would I do that! Not even in CA, so nevermind in AZ. I would try what Insanity suggests. Walk in with a lump sum and say, if you'll give me the bike for $4,800, I'll put this cash down and sign. Not a penny over. If they don't bite, nuts to them, find a used bike, and find a good shop willing to work with you. Independents rock!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Jezza, I'm willing to bet, you walked into RideNow dealers. They are seldom the lowest priced, or even close. Have you tried Kelly's in Mesa?

I know what you mean, about wanting a new bike... my wife wanted black, and I had to deal on one shipped in from Ca. :eek:

Craigslist has a few low-mileage units, most of the time. Check out these...

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250

2009 NINJA 250! PERFECT STARTER BIKE

Also, welcome to the site, from a fellow Az rider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jezza, I'm willing to bet, you walked into RideNow dealers. They are seldom the lowest priced, or even close. Have you tried Kelly's in Mesa?

I know what you mean, about wanting a new bike... my wife wanted black, and I had to deal on one shipped in from Ca. :eek:

Craigslist has a few low-mileage units, most of the time. Check out these...

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250

2009 NINJA 250! PERFECT STARTER BIKE

Also, welcome to the site, from a fellow Az rider.
Kelly's were the ones that told me they wouldnt negotiate period. The other place I went to was apache motorcycles in phoenix.

Thanks for those links though, that 2011 looks nice, but a little far from me being in gilbert.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Kelly's were the ones that told me they wouldnt negotiate period. The other place I went to was apache motorcycles in phoenix.

Thanks for those links though, that 2011 looks nice, but a little far from me being in gilbert.
You may try to get a quote from the Tucson dealers.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Quotes are like Moby Dick...

No dealer is going to pull their pants down and show you the gold on the slim chance you'll buy today, because all you are going to do (in their eyes) is take that quote to another dealer and shop it around.

You need to ask around fellow owners in the area for what they paid, check out used ads to see what they're selling for and you will find a price that you will be happy to buy at.

Then walk in with a wad of cash, either the whole amount or a hefty deposit and literally put it on the table and say "I will sign today and put down X amount of cash (usually 1-500 bellow your top price) if you can do this price." Don't go in late in the day, don't go in late on weekend, earlyish sat morn, last weekend of the month (as long as they have a bike to deliver before month is out). Look for the younger sheepish looking salesman, or the eager enthusiastic one. If they don't go off to their Principle with that info, you won't be buying a bike from there ever.

That's the best info I (ex salesman) can give you :)

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Kurt- your from AZ too? Welcome Jezza. Wow do I miss PHX/AZ!!!

I bought mine used in NC for 3k. I'm the second owner. The first owner bought it in Sacramento and drove it to NC then traded it in...lol I bought it with 3200 miles or so on it. I love every bit of the bike. And I've made it my own. Special asphalt pinstripping...lol put the pinstripping on my hip, leg, arm, and shoulder too...lol

Anyway back on topic. Hope you find a good deal. You may really want to consider lightly used...helps the price a good bit...Good luck. Post some pics of AZ for me so I can show them to my wife. She misses home too...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.