Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm thinkin its gettin close to time for a new front tire. The current tires are 120/70zr17 battleaxes. Where can I find a decent tire at a good price? And does the "zr" mean anything in particular?

·
1,458 Posts
Cycle gear. They beat most prices in store. Or riders discount.com. They have a website but are a call in store. Get the number and call. Saved me about 900.00 bucks on upgraded parts for customizing the zx10

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Not sure. However I ordered the new tire and was curious if I should take it to a shop to get mounted and balanced or is it a waste of money?
Myself i do my own tires n use balance beads.....:thumb:
All depends on if u have the tools to do ur own or not....?
Tools don't cost that much, irons/rim protectors,but u do need to be carefull u don't go bending ur rotors doing them...:facepalm:
N use rim protectors too.....:dance:
NNnnn ur gunna need a compressor.......:eek:
NNN theres vids on TubeU

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Any ideas on getting the front wheel up? I don't have a stand
I made a tripod n used my pully n rope....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jD2u45Cojg

I got 3 two by fours n drill loose holes n bolt them together at one end
Makes a loose tripod.....
Then making a loop of rope to go over the top...
I had a pully system n ropes from when i did tree work n used that for lifting....
ebay has the similar thing cheap....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-TON-HAND-...810?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item486926a1ea
That will work 4 a bike....
I pounded two big spikes in one 2*4 to tie off the rope....
U do need to somehow keep the bike from flipping.....
I tie to handlebars to lift n to tie off to my shed frame 4 that.
U gotta figure out ur own thing.....
I am buying a rear stand next week cause i have to do my rear tire soon....

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Ya kinda had the idea you did. Was thinkin of tyin rope to the center of the handlebars and throwin it over a limb and tyin it back to the handle bars
That will work if u have a bud help lift the bike n balance it so it don't flip sideways.....
Mine wanted to flip sideways, but maybe urs wont......?
Have someone hold it just in case...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So i got the new tire on and my dad swears the tread is backwards. What do you guys think? Just to be clear I paid attention to the arrows on my tire and wheel to ensure its going in the right direction. Here's a pic

Footwear Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive side marker light Hood

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.