Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do the manufactorer put so much wax on new chains? Is it so they will last 100 years in the original packaging? Do they just dip the whole chain in a vat of wax like a bucket of lard?

Got my new chain today. Wow, that's a lot of wax on there. I was told by a few friends if you don't clean most of the wax off before installing it, it'll just fling off all over your bike and you'll spend time cleaning wax off swingarm, rim, etc.

So that's what I've been doing today, it's a pain, no fun factor at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Work station. It's a sticky situation. :( South Park moment, Cartman pisses on Butters while he's sleeping and when he wakes up, he says "Ewwwww, I'm all sticky ............" all confused on how he got that way. ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black chain w/ gold pins. They don't make an all black one, damn. And the black w/ silver pins are all sold out. So I guess it'll have to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front and rear spockets. Got lucky and found the rear supersproc I really wanted, limited edition stealth, most of these are sold out too.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chain master link. Funniest part, it says "chain wax do not eat", haha. Like someone's going to mistake it for cinnamon roll icing and eat it, lol.

I wonder what it tastes like? haha

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, combo - steel wrapped around aluminum. And the chain is coated to resist rust, my old chain is almost another color right now from exposure even though I lube regularly.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Felix said:
That factory lube I was told is the best lube there is, and the coverage on the chain is as good as it gets...

I would have left it on, thats what a chain guard is for.

Felix
Be that as it may, the chain on my GSXR flung it's horrible lube all over my rim, tail section, chain guard and case and was absolutely horrendous to clean off.

I've used Chain Wax since, and will be reluctant to try anything else I've had such good results.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not saying it's a bad thing, but too much of a good thing can be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.