Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
morgan46 said:
Afam or talon sprockets and a DID chain ,just knock 1tooth off the front that'll be fine !
Thanks, it was chain wear that was the cause of the clicking. Is dropping 1 of the front a big difference don't want a massive increase. And is work doable by me or am I best getting her in a garage?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
toddy said:
Thanks, it was chain wear that was the cause of the clicking. Is dropping 1 of the front a big difference don't want a massive increase. And is work doable by me or am I best getting her in a garage?
Unless you know what ya doung prob best to get a garage to do it ,the front sprocket nut normally needs an airgun to get it off !dropping 1 off the front isn't massive but you'll def feel the difference ,I've done it too both my 600s !

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
morgan46 said:
Unless you know what ya doung prob best to get a garage to do it ,the front sprocket nut normally needs an airgun to get it off !dropping 1 off the front isn't massive but you'll def feel the difference ,I've done it too both my 600s !
Got 1 of the mech's from work to do the work for me for a beer:) should be all fun when it's done !

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
morgan46 said:
Yep bike will feel a lot better with new chain and sprockets will feel quicker and tighter!
I hope so. And that the clicking sound goes with the old chain an sprockets lol. Not sure if I need to be a lot quicker 80 in 1st is fast enough for me haha yeah the restriction might have erm ... Fell off ha

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
toddy said:
I hope so. And that the clicking sound goes with the old chain an sprockets lol. Not sure if I need to be a lot quicker 80 in 1st is fast enough for me haha yeah the restriction might have erm ... Fell off ha
80in 1st ?that don't sound right not for a 600 ?it will accelerate abit quicker but you will lose abit off the top end !

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
morgan46 said:
80in 1st ?that don't sound right not for a 600 ?it will accelerate abit quicker but you will lose abit off the top end !
It may have been slower but around there haha don't mind losing top end it's not often ill ever want or need to have it that fast :)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
toddy said:
It may have been slower but around there haha don't mind losing top end it's not often ill ever want or need to have it that fast :)
I think for your year bike the actual 1st gear top end is around 65mph give the speedo is normally 10%out so could be reading around 72ish,mine only reads about 70 in 1st I think ?still enough though lol I know my old 2001j2 600 used to hit rev limit in 1st at about 65ish and 95-99 in 2nd(on the back wheel haha)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
morgan46 said:
I think for your year bike the actual 1st gear top end is around 65mph give the speedo is normally 10%out so could be reading around 72ish,mine only reads about 70 in 1st I think ?still enough though lol I know my old 2001j2 600 used to hit rev limit in 1st at about 65ish and 95-99 in 2nd(on the back wheel haha)
Top points !! Completely correct it was around 65 for first and 85-90 ish second both wheels down :( ha but as either way still plenty fast enough

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
toddy said:
Top points !! Completely correct it was around 65 for first and 85-90 ish second both wheels down :( ha but as either way still plenty fast enough
Def fast enough don't be gutted remember your bike is 13 years old and can still almost keep with modern stuff !you gonna try blag ya way on to this trackday ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
morgan46 said:
Def fast enough don't be gutted remember your bike is 13 years old and can still almost keep with modern stuff !you gonna try blag ya way on to this trackday ?
True that mate. Don't think I will be even trying to blah this one as I do need new chain a sprocket but waiting out until payday :( but give me a shout on your next or if I get there first ill let you know how my charm works haha

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
toddy said:
True that mate. Don't think I will be even trying to blah this one as I do need new chain a sprocket but waiting out until payday :( but give me a shout on your next or if I get there first ill let you know how my charm works haha
Well come up anyway have a watch ?i won't be doing anymore after this one until next year!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
morgan46 said:
No worries enjoy !
And enjoy I did had my first proper ride out today Suffolk to Lincolnshire I found there was a difference but not any huge. More than gal I did it Like I said in older posts about the clicking need new any way! Happy boy :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.