Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just bought my self a 250 ninja 2010 and am going to take my road test soon ( once snow melts) so i am a super nub any info and tips would be cool :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
welcome to the forum! yeh make sure you post a many pics as you can when you can :D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome malikaz. I'm waiting out the Winter too and getting pretty anxious to start the season. Exciting times, eh? Congratulations on a great bike purchase and good luck on your test. What colour bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for expressing interest in the NAIT Motorcycle Rider Safety Training program!

Whether you’re an absolute beginner, have some experience, looking to return to the sport, or wanting formal training from a professional instructor…. This is the best place to start. We adapt our classes to your skill level and expectations.

This course is 16 hours (over 2 days), offered twice a week… rain or shine. Expert certified instructors will guide you through motorcycle basics such as balance and control, downshifting and upshifting, signals, counter steering (referred to as push steering), emergency maneuvers, collision avoidance, and emergency braking. You will be treated with respect and patience, as our instructors are here for your success!

The course is starting May 1, 2010, and runs as a 2 day course on Thursday/Friday or Saturday/Sunday (excluding long weekends). The times are from 8:00am – 4:30pm. The cost is $550.00 which includes use of our motorcycle to ride for the Class 6 road test shortly following the completion of our course. To register call 780-471-6248 or visit our website.

Visit us on the web at www.nait.ca/motorcycleshttp:// for more detailed information on this course and additional related courses. If you have any further questions, please contact me at the number below.

Regards,

550 for 2 day course ><... but they will let me use there bikes and take road test on theres, so i guess if i lay it over i wont scratch my new one lol.

·
Registered
732 Posts
That's ($$$$) a bit steep. But if it's the only one in your area, I guess you're better off. You really don't need to take a course to learn to ride, I didn't. But you do need to pass a course to get a full endorsement. I keep putting it off.

Best advice I can offer is be careful and watch your ass, cause when you least expect it, you crash. Practice is the best way to get better.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I agree with Onslaught. I also learned to ride before I took my course, and I only paid about $190 for my course, but I still recommend it to you and everybody. If it's the only one available in your area, then so be it. Do it, it's worth it. You will not regret it...

G

·
Welcome !!
The course out here is $180. But worth every penny, regardless of your experience level. 8)
Long term savings on Insurance is good. And; any person who is not interested in review of basics
should probably get higher coverage any way.... the pavement is hard :'(

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome malikaz, good to see you're taking the right path to riding, never can be too safe!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts