Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the little Ninja is gone. Traded it in yesterday for this:

It's a Triumph Street Triple R. It's basically a Daytona 675 with a more comfortable riding position and minimal fairing. It's engine is tuned for more torque lower in the rev range compared to the Daytona (at the expense of top end power).

I was going to buy a sports bike like a Gixxer 600 but when a disc in my neck decided not to stay where it was supposed to I thought I'd better buy something that was a little more comfortable to ride. Compared to the Ninja the riding position is very similar - if anything it's a little racier because of the pegs being a little further back. Still very comfortable.

I've only clocked 100kms so with the engine yet to be run in and tyres with a nice coat of wax over them I'm yet to give it the beans. Having said that, it still feels fast. Can't wait to open it up.

As for looks - what do you guys reckon? It's a quirky looking thing. Not to everyone's tastes but I like it. I don't see too many around which is good - gixxers, cbrs and R6s are a dime a dozen. I got the windscreen, fly screen, belly pan and seat cowl with it because without them it just looked, I dunno, too naked I guess.

So there it is. The Ninja served me well and you'll never hear me say a bad thing about it. A great bike that I had a lot of fun on but the time had come where I felt like I wanted something bigger. I was actually a little sad to see it go :'( .

·
Registered
347 Posts
Awesome bike. I went online and did a little research on it, seems to be quite a fun and functional guy. So many people upgrading to bigger bikes, and I know it is inevitable for me as well- but its saddening. We are no longer a community of new gen 250Rs, but a community of people who have upgraded from them.

*puss face*

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
seeeeeeeexy, the best of british right there ;)

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade Aysee, but where's the rest of the fairings??!!! :p

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Felix said:
That would be me met... followed closely by the Trump!

Any plans for mods yet???

Love the hooligan look of these bikes!

Best of British? Moved to australia!

Felix
Felix said:
That would be me met... followed closely by the Trump!

Felix

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

Blackout said:
Awesome bike. I went online and did a little research on it, seems to be quite a fun and functional guy. So many people upgrading to bigger bikes, and I know it is inevitable for me as well- but its saddening. We are no longer a community of new gen 250Rs, but a community of people who have upgraded from them.

*puss face*
I know what you mean. This forum for Ninja 250 owners contains a lot of members who don't own them anymore. It's becoming more of a general biker's forum, except that you had to have previously owned a 250r to join.

Felix said:

Felix
Plenty of mods on the wishlist. Slip-ons, fender eliminator, rear sets, carbon fibre rear hugger, chain guard and sprocket cover. More as I find 'em, heh.

zandit said:
Congrats on the upgrade Aysee, but where's the rest of the fairings??!!! :p
Up until a couple of months back I would've been asking the same question. Sports-nakeds were never on my radar until I saw this thing.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Very nice. I like the design a lot. I've seen it in the showroom, and one of the guys I work with has one, but I've never seen one with the windscreen on. The screen looks really good on there.

Nice pick. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
u notice there is no cup holder :) great buy. im not a fan on naked bikes. they look like under construction after a wreck. hope u have fun with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts