Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

New bike owner questions

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  byte2022 
#1 ·
Everyone just picked up my 2010 ninja 250 i wanted to ask what is the regular maintance i need to do ( like oil changes spark plugs etc ) .. This is ky first bike and im glad i decided to get a ninja for my begginer bike thnks everyone

#3 ·
check tires every few days at least...nails, cuts.pressure, wear....
Check oil be4 u ride.....
Lube chain when needed.....200-500 miles depending on conditions....
Check chain tension....n....do not over tighten...!!!
Change oil/filter as manual says..or be4..use synthetics.....
Bikes are quite easy to maintain......
NNNnnnn read ur manual.....

#4 ·
check tires every few days at least...nails, cuts.pressure, wear.... Check oil be4 u ride..... Lube chain when needed.....200-500 miles depending on conditions.... Check chain tension....n....do not over tighten...!!! Change oil/filter as manual says..or be4..use synthetics..... Bikes are quite easy to maintain...... NNNnnnn read ur manual.....
think earl hit it on the head. Bikes are easy to maintain but you have to do it when u come in from a ride. It's the best time and the bike is in the best condition for Loving them too. Always lube chain when u come in. It takes seconds especially if you have a rear stand. Which if you don't have I highly recommend. Cost 40-1,200 bucks then u also need spools. 20.00 Average price. You don't need anything expensive here this is a rear stand for maintainenece plus when you are changing brakes or a tire is make it super easy. Change the oil regularly. Check tires before every ride. This can be a pain but could save your life. I recommend when u finally change your tires go ahead a get a set of angled metal air valves. They are about 6 dollars each but will last a few tire changes but make filling tires and checking them ridiculously easy compared to the straight ones. anytime you get wet on the bike. Before you put it up. Even if it's still raining use a hose and blast the fresh dirt off the bike. Leads to a cleaner bike but less gunk to get in cables foot pegs etc but also the dirt can't scratch your paint if it's off the bike. Even if you think the bike is clean before you wipe it down you should wash it. Especially if you have dark colors. One black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.