Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bennche Megelli. Bike LOOKS awesome, performance compared to the Ninja is lacking, according to this short shoot-out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46CPTf59RDs

So, what do you think? Ever consider getting one of these guys down the road if they gave it some better suspension, refined some of the weak points?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
looks more of a recall if you ask me. for a difference of 600 dollars why would you put your life on the line with this bike. on the video the guy almost lost control at the curve.
2010 Bennche Megelli 250R Motorcycle Review

to each their own. but this type of bike i think would be more like a pocket bike, its lighter too . not good if you are on the highway with a 30+ mph wind, you will sh*t your pants

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great looking bike but not worth getting it over a ninja.

·
Registered
726 Posts
With Hyosung having such a tough time getting a foothold in the US market, why would another manufacturer attempt the same, with such a half-baked product?

I couldn't understand how these things would pass NHTSA requirements, dragging the kickstand like that. But I guess it's no different, than a Harley Superlow. ::)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Stalls a lot, has plastic "crackability", and turns into a uni-cycle in left turns. How well do you think it will do fighting rust?? Nah. Looks like a Ducatti in parts though. Pretty, but not good enough, and I don't like singles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
There's been a few sold here and from what I've heard the bars hit the fairing on full lock, the side stand scrapes along the road if you lean it too far (was that what you meant by the uni-cycle thing Boar?), parts have shaken loose because of the vibrations the engine generates, it struggles to cruise at 100km/h and it's generally unreliable. The Ninja is head and shoulders above this thing.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
This bike has been around for a while, but must only just been released in the US, I saw it in a bike shop in Melbourne over a year ago, and it was rather uncomfortable to sit on, and seemed very cheaply made.

·
Registered
874 Posts
its looks good, but has it flaws someone here at my school has that bike, and it always catches my eye.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
all show, no go. they've been in the states for a while, but just getting adequate press and such. most of the shops that were scheduled to get them weren't very enthused by them, and because of the lack of shop support, I never looked twice at them.... And I always say, let the moto speak to you, so being that I haven't ridden one, I really can't say if I'd like it or not. It looks much better than the ninja though.... You know what they should do - sell the design to Ducatti to make a mini-monster....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thumper!!!!
OHHHHH!!! I want one too!

From that new article
Wheelbase: 53.9 inches
Seat Height: 95mm (3.74 inches) I can finally not have to lower a bike 3.4 inches seat height :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Not impressed with the CBR250R, that doesn't look right in so many ways

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Finally, maybe in a few years we'll start to see some serious 250's in the states.... But not to quick, I still have 60K to go on my ninja...

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like the looks. But my next bike will probably be closer to 500cc's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts