Discussion Starter · #21 ·
From the reply to my inquiry about which modulator to order:

"You will need a P115W-DHL with H4/H7 Adapters. This will modulate
BOTH the high beam bulb AND the low beam bulb ONLY when the bike is SWITCHED
to high beam. When your bike is on low beam you will have a normal low beam."

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hmmm, certainly looks the goods, but you get in trouble here for flashing your lights. Cops can bust you for it cause you maybe flashing to warn other traffic of a speed camera etc.
Nothing will protect you better than ensuring that you are not in the cagers blindspot in the first place!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Headlight modulators legal in USA and Canada

They are legal in all of the USA and Canada. Others may want to check to see if there is an equivalent standard in your country. The headlights do not flash all the way off. They are on 100% and off at about 17%. This way, they don't constantly have the filament cooling off and the big inrush of current. I have never had a bulb burn out in the goldwing yet, so it certainly doesn't affect bulb life.
I am the most defensive motorcyclist that I know, with or without this, but as stated above, I can see a MAJOR difference in the way the cagers see me with modulators. Many people here drive like complete raving moronic lunatics, and I'll do anything I can to stay out of their way!:nonono:
You can download the USA/Canada specifications here:
[url]https://www.kisantech.com/regulations.php[/URL]

·
Registered
25 Posts
to me the way it works aint worth it, it modulates on high beam only, not low beam. Its needed when other cars are on the road when you are using only low beam. Am i missing something here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You run it on high beam all the time during the day unless you are blinding someone. They will flash their lights at you, and you can turn your low beam on until you are past them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
No problem. When I bought the goldwing, I didn't know that it was on there, and I thought that there was something seriously wrong with my new motorcycle! They had a little pamphlet in the top box about it, and I found Kisan's site from that. After figuring out that it was intentional, I started using it, and I like it A LOT! (enough to buy one for the new motorcycle too...) I know that it has at least saved me from several panic quick stops.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
INSTALLED 15/42 sprockets!

:dance:
I finally had time to install the sprockets this morning. They are Vortex steel sprockets. 15 front, 42 rear. This reduces engine RPM from 9500+ at about 75 miles per hour to about 8200. The machine runs very smooth this way, and has no problems maintaining speed. I can see that I may have to shift down 2 gears to pass on the freeway. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I like the extended range of 1st gear a lot. I don't feel the need to shift going around a corner.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.