Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I just purchased a brand new black 250R two weeks ago. I intend to use it to commute to work 125 miles per day. I have been riding motorcycles for about ten years now. My fun ride is a 1997 gl1500 goldwing. (for 2 up!) I have already been searching here, and found a lot of good info... thank you!
After researching for a luggage holder, I ended up fabricating my own. I will see if I can find a way to give you guys pictures soon. Mine does not attach to the rear seat area at all. I bolted it on at the rear footpeg bolt holes, and braced it to the muffler hanger bolt on the right, and to the bottom of the footpeg on the left. it is very solid! I didn't have to drill through anything, and with 4 bolts and a footpeg pin, the bike could be original again.
I have just finished putting the first thousand miles on the bike, and am getting used to it. I installed a brakelight modulator the other day, and will also have a headlight modulator. Also, the 15/42 sprockets are on their way!
Thank you again for all of your good information!

Switch:dance:

·
Registered
732 Posts
That's a pretty long commute. Mine is 36 miles, that's more than enough fun for me on a daily basis.

Waiting patiently for a photo ........... :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Switch!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bike handles the same as it did before I put it on! I needed something that could handle 60 or 80 pounds, as I do grocery shopping sometimes. I always carry extra jackets, different gloves, overalls, etc. I'm a long way from home if I need something else to wear. (Work is 62 miles each way, from door to door...) It was a last minute decision to angle the rack the same as the rear seat, but I'm glad that I did it that way. It doesn't even feel as though you are two up unless you have more than 50 pounds in there. It is all made from aluminum, except for the front brackets, which are steel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I was actually pretty worried about how the bike would handle with it on there, and so I was really careful on the test rides. I was VERY happy that it didn't affect the handling much at all, unless loaded to the gills. As it turned out, having the main braces follow the horizontal line of the bike, and the rack follow the angle of the rear seat pod/fender was exactly the right choice. I don't think that I would want to be airborne with the rack on there, but I don't plan on doing any jumping with it anyway. (on purpose, anyhow!!! LOL)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Headlight Modulator Installed today...

:thumb:I also got the headlight modulator installed today. During about 80 miles of riding today, there is a REALLY noticeable difference in the amount of respect other vehicles give the bike while the headlights are modulating. 3 different times cars were moving to turn in front of me, and stopped. Of course, I was ready for them to do it, but it is nice to actually see the benefit of the modulator. I'm kind of glad that I rode it without one for three weeks, or I wouldn't have noticed the difference. My goldwing had a modulator on it already when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Got more info on this modulator Switch? I've heard of the brake modulator which flashes a couple of times before staying constant, but what does the headlight one do?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kisan Modulator Link:

This is where I bought the headlight modulator.

[url]https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=2[/URL]

The model for the 2011 250R modulates both the low and high beam headlights when the high beam is on during the day. It has a daylight sensor so that the modulation quits and the high beam can be used as normal at night. It is legal in all states of the USA. ( federal law ok's it). If someone flashes their lights at you, you can switch it off by selecting your low beam until you are past them. I don't think I will ever own a motorcycle without one, after having them!:dance:

I bought a cheaper brake light modulator from a seller on ebay than the one from Kisan. It flashes the brake light for the first 4 seconds that you press a brake, and then it comes on steady.
Here is a link to ebay:
NO CUT! Brake Lamp Modulator Ninja 250, 250R all years | eBay

It works great.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.