·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
646 Posts
Read about it in AMCN aswell or are you not that awesome? :p

Seems.. Interestingly cheap.. In all the ways that could be interperated.. Canal?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
what's MSRP on those? And would you do the leg work for me in Australia to import one to the US, Felix? I really, really dig it... I only wish the compression was a little higher, but I'm sure we can change that. :D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Do you guys have the Honda CBR 125R in AUS or the US? It's pretty popular in Canada, but very entry level and you constantly see nearly new ones for sale by quickly bored owners.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
for those in the states, visit here to find a dealer:
http://www.qlinkmotor.com/dealer/dealer.php

Merelli said the US version will most definitely be a 250 single.... And should be here in June, they're just getting EPA stuff worked out. I'm thinking will be low on HP, but quite nice and high on torque...

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
hahaha I just called up action orlando, I'm gonna go take a look at them tomorrow. They just got some in stock and Ray the guy I talked to said they're selling like crazy....3 year warranty and they have every part to the bike right there in the shop. Its something to look at. He wanted $1,050 down and thats expendable, real nice guys I may have a bike tomorrow but I wanna really check out the quality first. Plus its a new company and they havent been thoroughly tested yet.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'd be nervous about quality. I just got rid of my Honda scooter and it was a great little bike, but there are countless small machines in the scooter market from lesser known, often Chinese built, mostly 50 and 125 cc's that literally have parts fall off as you ride down the road. They are considerably lower priced compared to the more established makers. What is the MSRP on this little rocket?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
anywhere from $2700 - $3300 I've found, depending on the dealer...

And Boar, that's why you just lock tite the whole bike, super screamin deal, and no worries!

·
4,853 Posts
Yeah I was told $3,500 OTD give or take a few bucks for credit checks and stuff. They told me they wouldnt mind me taking a test drive on a model they have just for that, even said they'd go with me, for a couple reasons A: so i dont steal the thing, B: Any emergencies, and C: they said they like to ride with their customers, get out of the shop and have fun for a few minutes....WHAT DEALER DOES OR SAYS THAT????????????? Much nicer and honest than the kawi dealer and they dont have a 37 person waiting list lol.

But it all comes down to quality, I've sat on a 250, I've ridden my friends '07 numerous times so I know it great quality. One of the only things keeping me back is the waiting list, and the lack of communication with the dealer, he's an asshole, but I LOVE the Kawi 250r.

I'm like a confused little girl right now lol.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
my god there are 2 just sitting on the floor here in Monroe. Blue and SE
It is only 3000miles away:( we got the recession later than you...kinda like fashion.. yea.. hits us last.

·
4,853 Posts
Yeah all the bikes for sale are up north and shit I cant take a road trip right now ahahaha. I'd love a Special Edition! My heart is set on green anyways...hey Z 999 posts!! lol

This recession is crazy, I'm glad it hit now when I'm old enough to understand whats going on and where we might be headed. Its affected alot of people which is sad, I do see activity though like spring break and such but in a few weeks it'll all be dead until July 4th.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
that design looks really good!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks very good. Would have to see it in person to really see if quality is there. Keep in mind this 250 only makes 16HP, that's half of the ninja 250....I had a CBR125R before and it made 13HP, above 100km/h, there was about no power left, you needed the wind in you back ! I paid 3400$CDN new for a 2007 (it was fuel injection also)

specs:
MSRP $3,499.00
Engine
Type 4-Stroke, Single Cylinder, Liquid Cooled
Bore x Stroke 65.5mm x 68mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Carburetion CVK30
Displacement 249 cc
Max. Torgue 17.8 / 7500
Horse Power 16.2 HP
Ignition CDI
Transmission 5-speed
Chassis
Suspension/Front Hydraulic
Suspension/Rear Spring
Brakes/Front Disc
Brakes/Rear Disc
Tires/Front 100/70-17
Tires/Rear 130/70-17
Dimensions
Length 78.3”
Width 27.9"
Height 41.3"
Seat Height 31.4"
Ground Clearance 6"
Wheelbase 53.1"
Dry Weight 248 lbs
Fuel Capacity 3.1 gallons
Other
Warranty 2 Year Limited Warranty

small vid (you can dance to the music, lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1w8B2MAi6U

Jon

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Lock Tite? Sound idea Spooph. Around here we're all Duct Tape Engineers, but that would make for a cleaner look!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts