Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am brand new to riding, and I am upset to admit that I am not catching on as quickly as I thought I would. I think the problem is that I'm too afraid of crashing, especially through the turns. I'm afraid if I lean too much I'm going to fall over, so I end up not leaning enough to make the turn. I laid it down yesterday because I panicked while making a slow speed right turn. I was hoping I could get some advice to help me get over my fear. I really want to master this.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I would suggest enrolling your self into a MSF class or something to that effect. They will take you through all of the basics and progressively you will increase your skill and confidence.
As NDog suggested, frame sliders will give your body work some protection, if you ahppen to drop it again, but unfortunately they will not make you ride any better!
Good luck with it, and keep us informed on how you go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm enrolled in the MSF class Sept 14th. I was hoping to actually be able to ride on the road before then, but I also thought this was going to be a lot easier than it is haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am also a new rider, having only owned my first bike for about 5 months now. The motorcycle course I took was the single most useful tool in learning to ride.

The best advice I can offer is to ride relaxed, but ready. If you are iron gripped to the bars, you won't be able to act/ react to the road and traffic around you.

As for dipping into the turns, I laid mine down as well, a slow speed crash, due to oil on the road. So I understand your fears, and every now and then I still get a little anxious.

The bike will react to the inputs you give it,
So executing a turn should be smooth and controlled, look where you want to go, ease on the throttle, and remain calm!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.