Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new ninja crew. Im looking for some ideas, tips, input, etc for how to set up and design my new web site for my little business i have. I dont have the best skills yet with it but am trying. Basically the web site is gonna be a place for me when i go to shows/events to advist. What i can do with cars/trucks/ Bikes etc. also for product and services i currently offer and sell locally. I have been doing this for a very long time and some have seen a small piece of what i can do with my on going thread. Now this will be more geared toward folks in the surrounding area how ever i do have many products/services i sell and provide that can go really anywhere i can ship. Alot of the ideas and services i have and keep coming up with can also help alot of you with your bikes too ;D. So please NN help me out. Thanks your pal S/N

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Keep it simple stupid!

So many places go over the top, and they can't keep the site up to date etc.

There are some nice simple templates you can use, testimonials are nice, customers work, web specials, some pricing but make sure its clear that there are always specials and they should get in contact with you.

Is that the kinda thing you are thinking?

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes along those lines. Im currently using a setup i get with the cards i order. its designed for users like me. im just at a loss as to what to put on there. alot of my friends say show the work ive done(i have pic of 90% of the stuff ive done). id also like to showcase some product i carry such as HIDS(before and afters)pics etc. I am gonna keep simple since its easier to update. yet still wanna have it be like u wanna explore the site and what theres to offer. so i will also need a wow front page to keep your attention my friends say.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
A rolling front page is great, changing daily, weekly or with each visit. Make sure you have permission from customers to show work, or some sort of clause or disclaimer on your invoicing.

A website format/program that you can edit and work with yourself with minimal help from the provider is ideal, keep costs down.

Felix

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do u mean rolling? just changing or like haveing a slide show going?. Good thinking. most of the pics are more focused on the item(s) not so much the overall vehicle unless its one of mine or friends that i have done where as they have given me signed permision before the first mod to do as i please with the pics from then on as long as its legal(ie NOT fake selling the car or something lol). But to use as a way to show what i can do and the products inuse(installed).but i see your point on it. And dually noted i will be sure and add it inthere for future work.

·
Registered
874 Posts
yola.com has a nice set up

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I vote Delta get a special discount?? lol

But keep it simple, make paying you simple, don't have outrageous prices on shipping.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shipping will be what it is really plus small add for gas n packaging. payments will be Mostly via Paypal, or my fav Cash lol. Best of all, all the products i will sell i will beable to offer install help since i have ACCUALLY done it for the application not like most where they sit there and read some pos paper lol.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Ooooooooh! I've got one!

GOOD INSTRUCTIONS!

I've got a few parts recently with the crappiest instructions. Really bad photocopies of photos etc. Its not hard to print stuff out of a PC rather than photo copy, doesn't have to be colour just clear. Good photo's would have made the installs go sooooo much easier.

I agree about shipping, actual cost plus gas and packing. So many companies put a markup on their shipping.

Felix

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now that will work with most parts. and u know i got NN.com hooked up with amazing instruction to make install a breeze via my DIY posts(cought how to section cough)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I would highly recommend you map out your site on paper, then start building it. The reason being that not a single page gets too long. I've been on some blog sites where nothing is every archived, and it freezes my computer (with 2.5gigs of Ram and XP, it's just too much to cache....).

Goals
1.) Fast load - keep images 800x600 @72dpi, thumbnails are even better...
2.) Unclutered - organized, newest stuff first, older stuff under an easy-to-find archive of sorts.
3.) A routine update schedule. If you currently have 50 new things to show, throw up 25 to start your site with, then put up 2 or 3 a week for however long it takes you to get them all up on the web... People like new, great things.
4.) Stay consistent - once you've posted a pic, make sure that pic tells the whole story. People associate interweb space with the pics they've seen, and if you put up a different pic of the same thing, they might get confused or lost...

Good luck, hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Like Felix said, a slide show on the front page linking to products on the products page would be a good idea. Maybe a little area to the side for "news/updates", but the less clutter the better. What's the link?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
oh if you put a phone number please make sure a human answers the phone, not a "Press 1 for this" BS. And preferable someone that speaks English.

If someone leaves a message CALL THEM BACK!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts