Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, I'm trying to buy a 2014 Ninja 650r to fix up, but I need some help.. It has 2000 miles and the people are asking $3000.. I'll post pictures of it, but I wanna know if it's something that's repairable.. I had a guy try and tell me "any scratch on the frame is frame damage" then try and sell me a Honda.. No to that lol. It seems like it's the left fairing, some metal scratches, the headlights, the left turn signal, and the front fairing.. What do you guys think? They said "we're just trying to get rid of it really" so what do you think on the price? Is $2000 a decent price to offer for the damage on the bike? Let me know please, any help would be appreciated. I will be doing all the work on the bike masked also, I'm no professional, but I have a good painter and I work on cars so I know I can put it together. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Not sure on pricing over in the States, so I can't comment on that, but with the damage all around the headlights, my main concern would be damage to the neck, and around that section of the frame.
Forks may need replacement(A good opportunity to upgrade to ZX-6 forks!) plus the handle bars as well no doubt.

·
1,465 Posts
Okay. So I say that the bike is not worth the time to fix etc if more than the plastics and headlights are broken. If the forks and handle bars are damaged then it's 100 percent no go unless you get it for around 800 dollars. By the time you paint it and replace all the parts your going to have more into the bike than the blue
Book value of the bike. You will instantly take a loss on the bike because someone else wrecked it. As well as it still being a wrecked bike. The only way to get this bike and it be worth your time is extremely extremely extremely cheap.

·
1,465 Posts
We all lose money on bikes when we buy a bike but that's not on purpose. Just the way it is. Again why purposely take a loss? Not only take a loss but work hard to take a loss. Just not smart. Then why take it to a mechanic at a shop to even further deepen your loss. Not a smart buy. I have looked at the parts I can see broken and just at those parts alone your at a loss on the bike at blue book at the price he wants and you don't even have the other little parts or other parts you find broken along the way. Let alone you find motor damage or fork damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.