Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am in the market for a new bike and have to choose between a used 2005 zx 636 and a new 2009 zx-6.
The used 636 only has 4000km on it with not even a scratch, also has yoshi exhaust tinted windscreen integrated turn signals etc etc...
just wondering everyone's thoughts. I like to know pros and cons....comparison from looks to performance and everything in between.
I have already chosen in my mind i think, but want to see if anyone has insight i may have overlooked. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
One thing: 636 is great for a street rider, as per it's design. The ZX-6R is great for the race track, as per it's design. The 636 is a ZX-6R with bigger heads, and cams designed for a wider, more usable (although slightly less powerful) power band.

Personally, I'd go with the ZX-6R, cause I like having to rap an engine to get to the goods, but I'd hate it in traffic... :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
is the 636 the B1H or the C1H. the b1h is very very focused and aggresive! its not for the faint hearted ive ridden one myself.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
thats because it most likely is felix!, that is the C1H the 636 version, it has been the fastest standard 600 since it was made.

sweet bike! i thought about one of those at one point

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
yeh you need to check to see if it is installed properly...but that would be an awesome bike to go for!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what does the c1h mean?? and the bike comes with all stock parts so i could put the original exhaust back on. sell the yoshi and buy something better.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
C1H is the model, so its the C model, and the 1h is the 636 instead of 600, a 600 would just be a C model

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also when it comes to the exhaust he told me it was just a slip on because he didn't want to fool with the power commander. So even though its ugly he couldn't have fooled anything up right?? It's just a matter of taking it off and replacing it with the stock. I realize the angle looks weird but if it went at the seats angle it would block the tail light. maybe its too long or something, maybe its suppose to be like that ?? I bet it sounds awesome...LOL.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
nope the B1h is older and yeh that exhaust is about right i had a look at my mates one with a slip on.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey felix, don't worry about the yoshi pipe. if you ever saw it in person it would be the blur blazing past your bike..ha ha ha :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts