Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm looking to get a stand and a torque wrench for my bike (ninja 250r) - i've put it off far too long. anyone know a good online place with a reasonable price to order these things from?

also - i don't know if compatibility is an issue (doubt it really is), but i want the stand to work on any future bikes as well

·
Registered
245 Posts
So i'm looking to get a stand and a torque wrench for my bike (ninja 250r) - i've put it off far too long. anyone know a good online place with a reasonable price to order these things from? also - i don't know if compatibility is an issue (doubt it really is), but i want the stand to work on any future bikes as well
Usually motorcycle stands are universal. I bought my set from a co-worker for like 50 bucks and they work great. If you have a cycle gear close by, they usually put them on sale quite frequently (50% off). As far as ordering one, I am not sure other than try eBay or Amazon. Sometimes you can find them for decent prices. Just have to do the digging.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Usually motorcycle stands are universal. I bought my set from a co-worker for like 50 bucks and they work great. If you have a cycle gear close by, they usually put them on sale quite frequently (50% off). As far as ordering one, I am not sure other than try eBay or Amazon. Sometimes you can find them for decent prices. Just have to do the digging.

Motorcycle Stand Black Rear Swingarm Spool Wheel Lift Sport Street Bike | eBay

Heavy Duty Professional Drive Click Type Ratcheting Torque Wrench 1 4 3 8 1 2 | eBay

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
http://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcy...=1400194169&sr=1-15&keywords=motorcycle+stand

^stand i think i'm gonna get

also thinking about getting one of those torque wrenches you linked earl. they seem like a hot deal.

any other opinions?

I wasn't sure whether to go with a spool stand or swingarm stand, but i really think getting a stand will inspire me to do some more intricate work on the bike. it's time i changed the spark plugs, coolant, and cleaned the air filter.. almost to 8k miles :eek: - further than most people get on their 250's from what i understand.

I'm really torn though because i really want to upgrade to a 650 - could just pawn the work off on someone else

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
They say....U know...those people......:whistling:
The ones over there.........:eek:
Ya........Over there......:rolleyes:
They said.......:whistling:
The ones u use spools with are a bit more stable.......:dance:
But i really don't know myself.......:ermm:
Cause that's a thing i haven't bought myself yet.....:facepalm:
I did but n install spools tho....:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.