Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Near stall issue

Tags
ninja 500
4K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Blue Ghost 
#1 ·
I know this is probably a no brainer thing, but I have noticed the idle sometime sits higher or lower than I set it to, sometimes it sits perfect. The real issue is when stopping, sometimes the bike almost feels as if it's going to stall. Does this just mean the clutch cable needs adjusting or is it something else?

#2 ·
Mine does the same......
I find keeping it at 1400-1450 is mines sweet spot....
Any lower and it will jump around......
And any lower i have to give it some throttle in any uphill starts to get started.
1400-1450 makes it the easiest place for any start out 4 me.....

#3 ·
....t I have noticed the idle sometimes sits higher or lower than I set it to, sometimes it sits perfect. The real issue is when stopping, sometimes the bike almost feels as if it's going to stall.
Three things-
1. Ease the throttle closed, don't let it off abruptly so it closes slam shut while moving.
2. Blip the throttle occasionally if the engine is not completely warmed up.
3. Adjust the play in your throttle cable if necessary.

#4 ·
What do you mean by blip? How do I adjust the play in the throttle cable? Wouldn't it be the clutch cable that needs adjusting?

#6 ·
I come to a stop sometimes and the bike jerks for a moment when I'm not moving, sometimes it feels like the bike wantsto stall out but doesn't get to that point and the idle will be fine or need adjustment when get the bike warmed in neutral and once I have the idle fine in neutral and begin to ride, sometimes when I come to a stop, I'll notice the idle has moved up higher or dropped to the point I have to blip the throttle to keep it from stalling out on me.

#7 ·
I come to a stop sometimes and the bike jerks for a moment when I'm not moving, sometimes it feels like the bike wantsto stall out but doesn't get to that point and the idle will be fine or need adjustment when get the bike warmed in neutral and once I have the idle fine in neutral and begin to ride, sometimes when I come to a stop, I'll notice the idle has moved up higher or dropped to the point I have to blip the throttle to keep it from stalling out on me.
What ur idle set at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.