Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bike isnt too messed up but i am...

a couple weeks ago i broke my wrist and it hasnt healed all the way. today i was going into motion with the wheel turned. i lost control and the bike just kinda flew into the street. i was going really fast towards a parked car so i hit the breaks and the bike downed on its right side. i flew a few feet and rolled around in the street. the main bad part was that i landed on my wrist that is already broken and now i can't bend it at all. got some bad road rash on my elbow and knee. the from turn signal was destroyed but that doesnt matter because lastt week i has already ordered new flush mounts.

always wear your gear

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. I take it you hit the front brake hard with the wheel turned at low speed. When you do that the bike wants to drop. Nearly happened to me once.

Don't get discouraged. When your wrist heals get back on the horse, er, bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Felix said:
Bugger, thats no good! Any lessons learnt?

How was riding with a broken wrist in the first place?! Must have been hard?

Felix
the lesson i learned was ease the choke out. these things are very touchy and riding with a broken wrist was hard at first but the excitement of finally getting to ride this thing kept me on it. i only got it going sunday

Aysee said:
Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. I take it you hit the front brake hard with the wheel turned at low speed. When you do that the bike wants to drop. Nearly happened to me once.

Don't get discouraged. When your wrist heals get back on the horse, er, bike.
thats pretty much what happened. i was turned to the right, moved to the right, tried to keep it up with the right and landed on my right side. even tho i landed on my wrist and it hurts more now than when i broke it a couple weeks ago, i still got back on and rode 4 miles to my house. i was coming out of the driveway at my job

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
deffinately ATGATT

yeh its an easy mistake to do, ive done it on other bikes but *touch wood* never on my ninja yet.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
omg dude my wrist hurts just thinking about it. And like everyone said dont get discouraged. I've been walking for 21 years and for no reason at all I was walking and tripped over my feet in front of 50 people (nobody helped me up either) happens all the time, i blame it on old football injury :p

You just hang in there, get that wrist looked at ASAP, get out there with a clear head and have fun. Just take it easy for now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
^ Aysee said it best, don't let gravity keep you down. Stick it to the man, and keep on walkin!
-Aleckor

P.S. OP- Sorry about your second time riding. Think positive about it. From now on, you won't be as afraid of falling. Like Batman's father said "Why do we fall?"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wasnt that batman's butler that said that?

im still riding, been riding everyday since i got it running. my wrist feels better when im riding because im so happy to have got it running and im not thinking about it. its like my body gets full of excitement and i feel better but when i get home i start aching. good thing i still have a lot of vicodin from the hospital

i've wanted a motorcycle since i was 4 or 5 and in the last 6 years it just kinda faded out of my mind (probably because thats when i got the el dorado). sunday was the first time i ever drove one. i've rode on the back of a lot of them, my brother and uncles always had/worked on bikes and now i feel like i should have gotten one a long time ago. i felt the same way when i got my atv. its so much fun that i feel like i should have been doing this a long time ago. its all i think about now. i get up extra early and go through the hills, and stay out extra late and ride around the ports.
my sister and girlfriend are getting bikes soon. my sister wants a ninja like mine and my girlfriend wants anything small. so naturally im thinking get her a ninja but i saw an ad for a 250cc honda called a VTR. it looks wetty does anyone know anything about these bikes? or other 250cc bikes that are street

·
Registered
622 Posts
Kawasaki has the eliminator elimator 125 which I roade at MSF, which would be really neat for a new girl rider, light and small, def not too much power. Honda rebel is a 250cc, suzuki gz250, I think suzuki also has a 125 cruiser type, you could check out dual sports too. Not really a whole lot in the 250cc sportbike area in the states, partly why the ninja 250 does so well - no competition

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Oak, I just looked up the VTR, and that's a sweet little bike man! A mini-monster... I'd pimp one if I had the cash. :) Also keep your eyes peeled for the old Honda Interceptor 250's... Freekin sweet little limited time imports to the US... I've seen a few around my area...

·
Registered
55 Posts
It was Batman's father first, when he was a boy and broke his leg when he fell into the well or whatever it was. Then his butler repeats it for him from time to time, quoting his father.
-Aleckor

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spooph said:
Oak, I just looked up the VTR, and that's a sweet little bike man! A mini-monster... I'd pimp one if I had the cash. :) Also keep your eyes peeled for the old Honda Interceptor 250's... Freekin sweet little limited time imports to the US... I've seen a few around my area...
yea those vtr are cheap out here too. my girlfriend might get one.
i've seen VTRs advertised on craigslist as "1990 honda vtr interceptor" so it might be the same bike

Aleckor said:
It was Batman's father first, when he was a boy and broke his leg when he fell into the well or whatever it was. Then his butler repeats it for him from time to time, quoting his father.
-Aleckor
indeed

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
You are correct Oak: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_VTR250

I can't find the distinction between the naked and full fairinged bikes though... I'd say for for one. a 250 V-twin is bound to be awesome, and if you can hang on to it long enough, I'll be happy to take it off your hands...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.