Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some history - the Eliminator aka Bumblebee, was my very own FIRST bike... I bought it with 16,000 on the clock... It's an interesting bike. The heart of a sportbike with a cruzer chassis.... Interesting history too. Kawi made them in '86-87. They didn't do so well, so they put them in storage for a decade, and re-released them in '96-97 as a "brand new bike". 30 year old technology still running strong! I put 26,000 miles on it in two years. At that time it was pretty screwed up - the steering would lock up on your half-way through a turn (all kinds of adrenaline filled fun), one float was sticking, and I was loosing a cylinder on a habitual basis. So the beasty had to go in for service.... LOTS of service.

I didn't have the funds or the time, and besides, I got distracted with the 1984 Honda Interceptor VF1000F I traded for a broken car, I got for free with 38,000 miles on the clock... I put 12,000 miles on the Interceptor... Then I crashed it into a mountain side because of suspension in need of some serious TLC - bad wheel bearings, bad swing arm bearings, bad chain, etc... I learned A LOT. I then decided on my Ninja 250... Since buying it a year and two months ago, I have put nearly 18,000 miles on the Ninja while fixing up the Eliminator. In those 18,000 miles, I've learned that I much more enjoy the ninja, and that I simply get frustrated with the excessive power that both the Eliminator (600cc), and the Interceptor (1000cc) gave me...

I couldn't open either of them up on my way to work everyday, and I'd just get pissed off at stupid people going to slow in the wrong lanes, eh? So, currently, while the Eliminator is still in "testing", to make sure it's 100% before I do anything with it, my lady is driving my 250, while I finish up the Eliminator. I have all kinds of crazy plans for the Eliminator, none of which can be realized because I don't have the funds for them, and won't for quite a while. I really wish I had $6k right now to dump into that bike, you wouldn't be able to realize it:

New swing arm with Chain drive conversion, cast aluminum wheel, monoshock, and single rear disc brake.
Clubman handlebars, dual HID headlights, a fiberglass tongue and mouth to fit under the headlights
Bikini fairing with mohawk up top, Chin fairing to continue the lines
Moving the foot controls much farther back to enhance cornering
An entire front clip off a new 600cc sportsbike (triple trees, inverted forks, cast aluminum wheel, and dual front disc brakes.
Re-designed exhaust with integrated rocket boosters to take me from 150mph-300mph faster than the engine could take me from 0-150mph...

Alas, this is a "Tony Stark" dream, and until I have that much money, will never happen... So if any of you are interested, I want to sell this bike to somebody I know, to buy it back in 2-4 years when I have the monetary resources to make this dream happen... If you're interested, PM me, if you're not, enjoy the pics, and soon the video... Currently the Eliminator has 43,000 miles on it, and I'm sure it will see 50,000 by the end of the summer. It is also running FAR better than it ever ran before I got it, this is all I fixed in the last few months:

New steering head bearing - the old one had 4 cross-hatches that were MISSING, rust off and gone, good bye - bad news and dangerous!
New Fork seals - overfilled the forks, spewing fluid everywhere, so I have to re-do this.
Adjusted valve clearances
Rebuild the carbs - 2 slides had broken vacuum diaphragms, so replaced those.
Rejetted and synched with new K&N pod filters. went from 90's to 152's, it runs like a raped ape now.. :D
Replaced the battery
Redid a lot of the wiring
And I'm sure there are a few other things I did as well which I can't remember right now. Currently, I've put about $600 into trying to get it to run, and oh baby, was it worth it!

Later today I aim to be filming some on-board video of the Eliminator and will be posting it back here... For now, some photos... Enjoy!

And The Loser:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: The recording with the Hero is an abysmal failure... Sound quality is no good. Gonna go try again with a higher sensitivity and different mounting locations. Maybe I'll have something later on this evening, eh?

Update again: The sound with the second attempt is no good. I'm going to have find a better audio solution to run in parallel with the Hero... It doesn't like loud bikes, or bikes that rattle a bit, or bikes with really soft front suspension.. I'll try and cobble a reasonable video together here for you guys, but don't expect great things... Back to the drawing board, eh?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Felix, it's a 1970's Honda CB360T, cafe project for down the line, the "hers" part of the "his and hers" cafe racers I have planned for this winter, eh? The "his" part is at a friends, a 1978 Yamaha XS650... they will be sick!

Thanks Hi-Tech!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Great bikes Spooph! the loser is bad ass. The elim.is styling and that vid looks freakin cold....Brr

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Whats the go with that chinese thing? 40hp and only a top speed of 90kmh? Is it electric, petrol or a hybrid???

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's 1930's Chinese technology at work... It's supposed to be a direct copy of a 1930's era BMW moto, which in those days could only do about 55mph. So it's right on par for the era it was designed in.... Backroads and glory days galore with this one!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts