Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, come to think of it.....this is actually my first project bike. HA
I built a home for a fella here in Port Orchard and I looked next to his junk pile in his field and I saw Kawasaki. It was strange to see a Kawi next to a junk pile haha. I looked it over and aside from the mildew and corrosion build up on the engine it actually looked like a sweet bike. I talk to the owner and he said he rode it to work for 2 years and finally got sick of the rain and parked it and bought a truck.....crazy! I asked if it ran and he said it has 14000 miles on it and ran excellent when he parked it. He said he just has had no time to try and sell it or ride it, so he was going to either haul it away or put a FREE sign on it and stick it at the end of his driveway. So I figured, engine runs......no dents scrapes or bends......needs some cleaning.......its a Kawi.......SHOOT, Ill take it away right now. So I did, I loaded it up and took it home.

So far this is it......1981 Kawasaki CSR 305

This is where I first saw her......

Seat off and loading her up...

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are more pics of recently.........

Taken it all apart..

Lube.....

Sanding and prep for some new paint......

·
Registered
874 Posts
Love at first sight. Very cool, keep us updated. I wished I had a project bike, wait I do, my ninja 250. Haha,lol, jk. Some new paint will look good.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sweet!!! What's the plan? Keep it stock, just get it running right? Or something crazy and stuff?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fantastic, great project, lots of work but surely worth it. Wish you luck and lots of fun. Send some more pictures as you progress.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spooph said:
sweet!!! What's the plan? Keep it stock, just get it running right? Or something crazy and stuff?
Well.....originally I was just gonna clean it up alittle then just ride it and see what happens. Once I got it home I finally got a vision for it.

When I first got my 250 I was super stoked and excited. I gave one of the youth kids a ride one day and she freaked out and loved it. She is kinda like a little sister. When I sent her a pic of the bike she was all excited and wanted to help restore it. So, then my vision hit...........I'm gonna restore it with some extra custom stuff here and there, not too much, then once Im done I am gonna give it to her. I am gonna let her pick out the colors and design it how she wants. For the most part its all gonna be stock, but we are gonna paint the gas tank, flat black the frame, re stretch the seat, new wheels and a new $36 muffler. HA
Im pretty excited to do it. I know its a TON of work, but well worth it in the end.

So theres my vision. haha
I will be updating and posting pics as I go........

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
haha awesome that'll be awesome when its all doneXD

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Good luck with that Stockwall, I hope you have some fun!!!

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Racer X said:
BOBBER all the way.
Ive thought about it. haha

To bad Delta wasnt closer Id take her under my wing and help her get a bike................................NOT!!! Bahaha

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Sweet deal man, there's a guy up the street with a Honda CB350 just laying there that I want but he wont give it to me (cause i asked). I hope to see you get that bike up and running.

·
Registered
141 Posts
StockWall said:
Well.....originally I was just gonna clean it up alittle then just ride it and see what happens. Once I got it home I finally got a vision for it.

When I first got my 250 I was super stoked and excited. I gave one of the youth kids a ride one day and she freaked out and loved it. She is kinda like a little sister. When I sent her a pic of the bike she was all excited and wanted to help restore it. So, then my vision hit...........I'm gonna restore it with some extra custom stuff here and there, not too much, then once Im done I am gonna give it to her. I am gonna let her pick out the colors and design it how she wants. For the most part its all gonna be stock, but we are gonna paint the gas tank, flat black the frame, re stretch the seat, new wheels and a new $36 muffler. HA
Im pretty excited to do it. I know its a TON of work, but well worth it in the end.

So theres my vision. haha
I will be updating and posting pics as I go........
tht my man stockwall, great idea. get a video from when u tell her its hers...id love to see her expression, good luck man.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts