Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided it would be a very smart decision to spend my first paycheck (Responsible??? Not so much, Life is to short have a little fun) :dance:

So another forum was talking about this "Iron Pony Motorsports" and they had Aplinestars gear on sale for 40 - 50% off. Was a little leery at first but I decided what the heck. I wanted to get leathers anyway so I can do some more track days.

I ordered my stuff late Monday night received my stuff on Friday morning. Received a shipping tracking number on Tuesday morning. So super fast!!!
Get Your Motorcycle Accessories , Motorcycle Helmets , and Motorcross GEAR at The Iron Pony!

I Purchased the following:
A* S-MX-5 Black Boots
A* Helius Leather Jacket Black
A* Apex Leather Pants
A* SP-1 Gloves

Now time for all the pics!

Helius Leather Jacket -I personnaly usually wear a Medium in women's, so I ordered a Men's Small (In this particular jacket its not the usually UK sizes). It fits GREAT!!!! I love the feel of it!

Apex Pants - So I was having a hard time with the sizing on these..... No Motorcycle stores in the area carried leather pants. So A* sizing chart put me at a 46 - 48. At first I was gonna get the 46's but found a review. The guy on the review said he was a 30 x 32 in jean sizes and the 48's were snug. I'm a 30 x 31 in Mens Uniform pants. So I went with the 48's. The fit great in the legs they are tight in the thighs and just a tad loose in the waist. There is no adjustment in the pants. Also they will zip into my Leather jacket to make a 2 piece. I feel like these are gonna take a while to break in. Defiantly not an everyday pant cause I could only wobble when attempting to walk. lol

A* S-MX-5 Boots - So I wanted some more protective boots due to the fact I shredded my old ICON boots. Anyway apparently no motorcycle stores in Colorado carry a boot smaller than like a 43 which pisses me off. So I'm usually a 9 1/2 Women's or 8 1/2 Men's So I decided to take a risk and get a 41. They are snug front to back and a tad to wide. Other than that they are so freaking comfortable to walk around in. No more clunking around like my old boots. Also they fit great over my leathers and fit great under a pair of jeans.

A* SP-1 Gloves - I wanted a full gauntlet glove for a little more protection. I'm a Medium in gloves, so I ordered a Medium. They fit but the thumb not so much. So I probably could have purchased a small but they would have been TOO small.

Now everything put together:

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice work D!!! I have the SMX-4 boots and they are great!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nice! I have the same boots and I love them. I also have a joe rocket hi viz vest and it's pretty awesome. It increases my visibility and my cool factor, obvi lol. I'm thinking about the gp plus gloves.... May e I should do a review on my gear too!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I have the same boots and I love them. I also have a joe rocket hi viz vest and it's pretty awesome. It increases my visibility and my cool factor, obvi lol. I'm thinking about the gp plus gloves.... May e I should do a review on my gear too!
I really wanted the GP plus gloves in white but they didn't have my size so I went with the SP-1's.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With such serious gear, I see an R1 in your future... :thumb:

Are you working on-base somewhere, that requires hi-viz?
hahah an R1???? nah more of a CBR 600 type of girl but I'm, happy with the 250!

Sooner rather than later!:dance:

Just not comfortable riding the streets in "ALL BLACK" not into the whole lets black out everything look.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Just came back from the shop. I tried the jacket and gloves and they fit. I am super excited! So helmet, jacket and gloves are done. I just have to finalize the shoes.

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.