Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year for mothers day, I decided to surprise my mother. I had my brother tell her that I wasn't going to make it, and then was planning on riding the bike up to surprise her. Weather forecast was perfect for the trip, but we all know that forecasts aren't 100%...

I got halfway there (total trip was 180 miles both ways), and I got nailed with what felt like tornado like winds, and sheets and sheets of pelting rain. I had to pull the bike to the side of the highway because the winds were so bad, I got soaked, my phone got ruined (was in my jacket pocket), and I was very very cold. I was able to push on for another 8 miles and hit a rest stop.

I waited there for about an hour for the storm to pass then made the rest of the trip with ease and enjoyment (as much as you can soaking wet). Surprised my mom, showed her all my gear (which eased her mind about the bike), and spent a good two days before venturing home. The trip home was absolutely perfect, white puffy clouds, low winds, just a nice day.

This whole week has been great, been riding to work everyday (unfortunately its only 4 miles to work lol). Getting ready to take the bike for its first service and to have it jetted. HOPEFULLY, weather permitting, I'll be taking a longer trip memorial day weekend (may 28th-30th for the members across the pond) to hang out with my best friend.

I do have a frustrating story to tell as well, ordered a rear stand for the bike. It came in today, minus all the hardware to assemble it. No bolts, or pins, or screws... just the stand parts. Im still waiting for an email from them. It will be so much easier to adjust/clean/lube the chain with the stand...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice stuff Insanity, but you forgot the most important thing......Photos!!!!! :p

Thats a real shame about the rear stand, I hate it when things like that happen!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't want to load down my bag on my first long trip, so I was going to use my phone to take pics. Since that got ruined when it got soaked, I was unable to get any of pics I was hoping to get... :(

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
haha!!! ok point taken!!! I have no doubt my camera would take a beating if I ever got caught in a big downpour, it normally sits in one of my jacket pokets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.