Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm working on my next mod..and perhaps if i'm somewhat successfull I might start doing it for other people too! I've been wanting to do my own reverse/ glow gauge.. However I got too many idea! :p

I started making a little mockup for the RPM but then It got out of hand..and ended up with this 8)

My main goal is to create something extremely easy to install, no needle removal required with a OEM look. Who would seriously be interested?

UPDATE : --------------------

Finished results

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4sS4zH7XXs

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: My custom gauges (work in progress)

Felix said:
The stock ones could do with some brightening up.

Felix
You are absolutely right..I wanted to make some overlay only and the stock lighting would probaly make it useless at night..it has to have some sort of backlight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well I got everything in order now, I know exactly what I need to do..all I need now is to buy the material ;)

I'll keep you guys posted..I'm pumped with this!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

awesome! :) Lets have pics all the way through the process of making them!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Alright guys, I got my first mockup, the gauges are a little big because (That's why the speedometer numbering are hidden inside the bezel) I didn't really have a the good measure (I didn't have a ruler handy, lol). So I printed it at work anyway just to see what it would look like... I'll leave the conclusion up to you guys. Oh and the center holes are a hack job..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'm experimenting right now with backlight and I know even the stock backlight is kinda dim..so it's a challenge. I'm going to post another one tomorrow, should be even better.

-remy

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

they are really awesome!!

i need one in MPH aswell :p

oh and also a temp gauge on the side instead of fuel haha XD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Yea it would be no problem to put any kind of graphic on those...

I just tried them out in the dark..it doesn't work well at all on top of the stock faces..and I don't want to remove them to mess up my needles. I need to experiment with the lighting now :'(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.