Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm

184lbs, 6ft

bike 333lbs dry.

current mods,

Snorkle removed, shimmed the needles,
16tooth front sprocket from the stock 14 tooth.

running 87octagne

top speed so far 106 on my spedo, but mine is notorious for being 5 over what im going IE @ 55 on my spedo others read 50 so

101 i guess.. heh, can't wait for jet kit,

anyone know how to adjust the spedo ?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Because the Ninja has a mechanical (gear driven) speedo, there is no adjusting it. Look under General Tech for Speedo testing & results. Might find some good info there.

·
Registered
874 Posts
you might want to run a higher octane, I run 92, sometimes 93. Kawasaki advises 91 or above.

G

·
Top speed I believe is 160mph but I have only been able to reach 126 so far. I don't weigh enough to go much faster as for now, the bike just wants to pull out from under me.

I have a friend that had it up to 154mph.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eh yah, ive run higher octane but feels the same and i seem to get worse gas milage but idk might just be me on it all the time thinking im near race fuel lol.

ill report back when i get my jets and my muffler.

making that 36$ muffler oh and i did NOT BUY baffled stainless, i spent the last 5hrs drilling every.. single.. hole....

^.^ my rotator cuff is sore and i burnt up a drill press oops..

so we'll see how things go after those two mods are done. its gonna sound like a monster.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
We here in Australia, don't have much choice in the octane level. Minimum available is 91 standard, 95 premium, and 98 ultimate(name is dependant on brand of fuel) I normally run 95, doesn't seem to have any problems

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow 91 to start? maybe different rating system..

98 here would be like cam2 or cam 4 i forgot which one is hotter.

O-o

y not run nitro meth?

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
AUDACIA said:
wow 91 to start? maybe different rating system..

98 here would be like cam2 or cam 4 i forgot which one is hotter.

O-o

y not run nitro meth?
Is there different ways to rate octane???
Nitro meth I'm sure would be illegal on the streets!!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, there are different ways to rate octane. You're low grade fuel is the same as our low grade, just different numerals.

MadMax: 170, that was all it had though. Different tuck, better roads and without the fear of running into a deer, I could probably get it up to the 184 limiter. 170 is ridiculous though... :eek:

Audacia: I wouldn't advise running anything over 87. The engine isn't built to push the 91-93 octane's. You may experience difficult starting, poor running and bad fuel economy. In my opinion, 87 is the best fuel unless you start heavily modifying the engine.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I run 85 peeps! I go through too much gas not to use the cheapest... I'm also at 5,000 feet MINIMUM, which means the air I breath isn't thick enough, nor the bike's compression high enough to warrant higher octanes... Of course, I also sacrifice, I think 20% HP power? Which with the 250 is only 5HP, bring it on hot corners!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i found out my elevation.

its 1300ft n change.

i run 87 my bro uses 93 in my car i run 89, my car doesn't like anything lower.

93 it liked to start but felt as though i was running a bit bogged down, and i got not so optimal gas milage.

·
Registered
874 Posts
interesting...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crispy said:
interesting...
yah i was like hmmmm...

it felt fine, pulled a bit stronger but it acted funny,,, ill stick with 87 although the sticker under the seat recomends 91+? WTF book says 87 unless you hear pinging, go higher, keep going higher in octane but if it doesn't go away see dealer,, so what to listen to , sticker under seat or book hah for now ill run cheap gas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts