Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used 250 ninja that i just put a different engine in. I have tried adjusting the idle pin and it isn't working it stays were it is at. the throttle cable is not tied up on anything. please i need some help with this.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt replace carbs. But I had them cleaned. I dont know what u mean by synching. Cause it keeps reving up even in gear if u start going faster in a gear it will automatically go faster u have to shift up to slow the rpms down.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
I didnt replace carbs. But I had them cleaned. I dont know what u mean by synching. Cause it keeps reving up even in gear if u start going faster in a gear it will automatically go faster u have to shift up to slow the rpms down.
Synching carbs is getting them both or all 4 to do the same thing at same time.
I used to use a mercury guage to do this years ago, but they probly have a better tool these days...
N u have to be sure the cables are free to move on all ur carbs....
Just takes one .....to screw it all up...

· Registered
1,480 Posts
Synching the carbs makes sure the butterfly valves in the carbs open and close evenly. Open butterfly valves will cause the engine to idle as high as yours. An throttle cable that is improperly adjusted (not enough slack) or stuck throttle grip will also cause high rpm speed. The reason the idle adjustment knob is not working is because the throttle link lever (which is attached to the butterfly) is already too high. The throttle link lever is what the idle adjustment knob pushes up to increase the idle speed. Also a choke that is stuck open will cause high rpm speeds.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
Sounds to me like ur gunna have to bring it to someone who knows what he's doing....with the right tools to do it....
A motabike mechanic of some sort.....
Cause it sounds like u got no clue.....

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL my ass off......

Next.....

· Registered
9,088 Posts
NNNnnnnnn....really......
If ur not knowledgeable about what ur doing here on ur bike...
Have someone that is work on it....
U don't want that throttle sticking wide open when taking a bad corner...
Or at any other time.....
Have a pro check it out....

1,465 Posts
Syncing is not ad easy as it sounds but youtube it and you can get a good idea of how to do it. Sounds like you have a carb out of sync as they suggested. But i have a suspicion that your throttle cable is to tight as well. On the throttle side loosen the cable adjustment and see if it makes a difference. Could be that actually. And that takes all of 1 minute to do

· Registered
9,088 Posts
Syncing is not ad easy as it sounds but youtube it and you can get a good idea of how to do it. Sounds like you have a carb out of sync as they suggested. But i have a suspicion that your throttle cable is to tight as well. On the throttle side loosen the cable adjustment and see if it makes a difference. Could be that actually. And that takes all of 1 minute to do
:thumb:

Sorta like the male Orgasm....LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.