Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got mine 3 days ago (2nd september 2011). it's 2010 special edition - fuel injection which come with Arrow exhaust

I've install:

- Seat cowl
- vrossi rim set (3" wide front & 4.5" wide rear)
- Shinko 011 verge radial 120/70/17 & 160/60/17 rear
- Radiator cover

really enjoy myself riding this bike but too bad next week i'm going offshore :(

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice shots wandyhee, very nice indeed!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
something happened when I riding tonight, here I am about to get into round about took 9'oclock with second gear (keep in mind we're riding on left side). change to 3rd gear and start to pull the throttle hard on fast lane, suddently there's car in front of me on the slow lane change to fast lane without giving a signal. I squeez front brake, suddently tank slapping happened! Thanks God I manage to control it and avoid any bad incident (accident).

Until now i'm still wondering what exactly I did wrong and leading to that incident (tank slapping) happened. what I did is; squeeze front brake without apply rear brake at all. keep in mind that I don't own any bike (and rarely ride) for about 9 years. last motorcycle i've owned last time is 115cc 2 stroke which I sold on 2002. is it because of;
1. my lack experience on braking technique?
2. Shinko 011 tire set?
3. those aftermarket wheels?
4. didn't do balancing on my tire?
5. should I apply rear brake as well?

someone in here might got an answer for me.. I need your help guys. Seriously those tank slapping is nightmare for me. couldn't Imagine what happen to my ninja & myself if I lost control at the time.. :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi wandy...selamat hari raya first...:D

ok, better check your aftermarket rims first than check your brake...do the rims adjust if needed.

i am also changing my tire using 120/60-17 F and 150/60-17 R and pressure 28psi F and 32psi R...that's the best pressure for hot and wet condition...in my opinion

you may want to install your original rims back and you still can use your wider tire...:D

good luck bro and keep posting the update.

·
Registered
121 Posts
cool bike bro.. envy those mods u've done.. mine still mode-virgin.. hahaha..

not an expert rider, thus can't really make expert opinion, but i do felt like you might apply to much break on front wheel, new tyre might not grip much, you need to worn them a bit..

i'll always apply some rear break pressure.. not sure whether this can help..

safe ride my friend!!

my 2 cents..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.