Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
ahahaha maybe okay 1350 db!!!! Shit I dont remember the damn number but I know they are assholes about it. Now I want to look up the law....wow I should know that one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
1350! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! im sure your head would blow up by that lol.... 130+ is the threshold of pain...when itll actually make your ears bleed...and such. :D i have a muffler book on my desk im reading on air flow and stuff and they had those fun facts in there :D

·
4,853 Posts
Okay bro this is what I got after a little research on our county ordinance.

The noise ordinance considered last fall was modeled after a New Hampshire statute. It would have limited motorcycle noise to 106 decibels measured 20 inches from the exhaust pipe when the engine is operating at 2,800 to 3,500 rpm. The limit would have been lowered to 70 decibels in residential zones from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. It would have come with escalating fines of $100 to $500.

So still when you say like 30 db is a whisper (btw I'm tone def because of an accident when i was younger) then 106 decibels at 20 inches from the pipe @ 2,800 to 3,500 rpm is pretty much impossible dont you think? Hmmm...are they trying to get rid of us? LOL

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
virtualmatrix258 said:

The noise ordinance considered last fall was modeled after a New Hampshire statute. It would have limited motorcycle noise to 106 decibels measured 20 inches from the exhaust pipe when the engine is operating at 2,800 to 3,500 rpm. The limit would have been lowered to 70 decibels in residential zones from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. It would have come with escalating fines of $100 to $500.

So still when you say like 30 db is a whisper (btw I'm tone def because of an accident when i was younger) then 106 decibels at 20 inches from the pipe @ 2,800 to 3,500 rpm is pretty much impossible dont you think? Hmmm...are they trying to get rid of us? LOL
haha yeah sounds like it ...the 70dbs is bs i think because the two brothers slip on i believe runs loudest at ...like 96db i think i saw on the site somewhere it wasunder 100 still but that still retarded....imma have to check out my countys noise laws too .

·
4,853 Posts
Hmmm, I've been looking at Yoshi slip ons I wonder how loud they get?

I'm not really worried you've just spawned something for me to do at 3:50 A.M. hahaha

·
Registered
80 Posts
DanJohns21 said:
virtualmatrix258 said:

haha yeah sounds like it ...the 70dbs is bs i think because the two brothers slip on i believe runs loudest at ...like 96db i think i saw on the site somewhere it wasunder 100 still but that still retarded....imma have to check out my countys noise laws too .
Its Arizona, they don't give a rats ass what you do here. I have been pulled over doing 120+ a few times and gotten off with just a warning..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Turblown said:
DanJohns21 said:
virtualmatrix258 said:

Its Arizona, they don't give a rats ass what you do here. I have been pulled over doing 120+ a few times and gotten off with just a warning..
kick ass, was it you who said they pull you over pretty much to check your bike out? haha

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Shnook said:
Thats cool. I bet it works as a leaf blower too.
Sorry it is no good as a leaf blower. It just sets the leafs on fire!!!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts