Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a pair of sennheiser hd 212pro headphones

left earphone was cutting in and out, so i disassembled it,tried to fix it, ended up totally killing it.

the right earphone was working properly so i thought i need some music while riding.

soon enough

it works real good, its not as loud as i want it to be but probably loud enough to hear traffic. ill be testing it out later on my way home to see how it sounds with the wind noise. no more pain in ear from earbuds.
what you guys think?

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Dude i think what you did was really awesome, I tried that once (listening to music on a bike) and it just messed me all up. Down was up and up was down, I was seeing things, jumping at shadows lol. idk how you can do it!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
haha Prometheus, I do that so much, especially at stop lights... And dance and stuff on the bike. I usually catch myself after a while. I just get into the music.... You start to plan your turns, apexes and such on beats. That and weaving a lane to the beat of the music, dancing with the Ninja... :p

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
why dont you get some kind of intercom system with headphones for your lid and plug it into your ipod instead

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good find spooph....the speaker i put in my helmet didnt quite work, i couldnt hear it with this loud ass HMF pipe.
i might get one of those etymotic earbuds as soon as i get back to riding..... being laid off from work gives the wife an excuse to keep me stuck at home

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hard luck Prom, I hope you find some work soon!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Hey gang.
spent years pulling apart walkman head sets and mounting them in my ear protectors at the woodshop. It was awesome to listen to music and drown out the noise all day long. But now I really have some hearing damage from all of that combined.. Just keep it in mind. what?? i couldn't hear you. huh?

But I still use Bose ear buds ( just not as loud cause it hurts now to do that) but they are the passive kind so I don't think it will drown out the pipe but oh so comfortable and sound soooo nice. Sometimes you can find them on sale.

Thinking good work thoughts for you Prom. I can feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
prometheus said:
wow thanks guys for the support. wasnt expecting that.
Shouldn't be a surprise, You're part of a family thats bigger than you know, we just keep in touch in a different way!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the skulcandy inkd' earphones. They fit perfectly inside your helmet and they have a lifetime warenty. I got them for 20 bucks and i've taken them back to Best Buy with no flack about them when a ear starts to cut out. I've only had to take them back once.

·
Registered
656 Posts
metbandit1 said:
why dont you get some kind of intercom system with headphones for your lid and plug it into your ipod instead
Ill post pics later but for now.

If you have buds, pull your cheek pads out and put them in there facing the open area toward the back of the helmet and it iwll give you decent sound however you will need to crank it all the way up to hear at speed. Its my poor man fix =D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.