Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this class in high school but never got the endorsment on my license. So I decided to take it again to get the break on my insurance and to get the waiver on the riding test for the DMV. I just got back from my 1st class, and its going to be a long couple of days. Just going over real basic stuff. I should have taken the advanced class. Good news though, they have Ninjas to ride ;D

I'm sure I'll pick up something from this class. Anybody else take this class for the insurance break?

·
Registered
256 Posts
i did it for the exemption on the driving test for the license. insurance break is nice too...
we had buells tho... :-( they were tweaked to idle really shitty, so you REALLY has to finesse the clutch to keep it from stalling. which happened ALOT

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took the class and It helped thremendously. Sure the first night is boring, but the next 2 days are alot more fun. As a new rider, I really wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into before I bought a bike so I would highly reccomend the class to anyone looking to be a first time rider.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea for my class the first 2 nights were really boring. nothing but harley history lessons, and answering questions from the book. the 2 riding days were a blast tho. TOTALLY makes up for the classroom sessions

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just in case anyone cares, I passed my class today. I was one of the 2 out of the 9 that could do the tight figure eight U turn.

My teacher did tell me I'm coming in to hot on my decreasing radius turns though........ What can I say, I like to lean ;D

·
Registered
256 Posts
awesome jt. our class didnt have any trouble with the figure 8, at least during the test. we spent a ton of time on that though, because everyone knew that was going to be the hardest part.

congrats

also, did they have new ninjas or older models?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
BigJT said:
Just in case anyone cares, I passed my class today. I was one of the 2 out of the 9 that could do the tight figure eight U turn.

My teacher did tell me I'm coming in to hot on my decreasing radius turns though........ What can I say, I like to lean ;D
That's awesome. I lost the one and only point on my test from "going too slow" in the long sweeper.... I was like "WTF", I wanted to go fast, but didn't know I could...

I hear ya on the lean. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm about to take the class starting Friday. I'm so excited, but that's mainly because of the being able to legally ride afterwards.

G

·
BigJT said:

Good for you! It is a good feeling to pass that class. I had the same trouble with the same turn too.
Sleepy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gummybear, They had 1 older ninja. I believe it was an 05. They didnt even bring it out until I told them what I was riding. After the end of our 1st break they pulled it out of the trailer and had it warmed up and waiting for me. Looked like it had been dropped a couple of times though lol. Thats the good thing about the class though, if you go down its not on your bike ;D

·
Registered
229 Posts
i took the class to learn how to ride :p and my class had a ninja too. i was so happy. congrats on passing the test! oh i just realized you're in salt lake too! did u take it at murray high school like i did or somewhere else? if u took it there, we probably took the course on the exact same motorcycle!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
virtualmatrix258 said:
I ran into the cones and my instructor yelled at me for going too fast on the track...
I would be behind a bomb proof bunker while you took your MSF course Virtual.

I'm thinking of possibly taking the MSF course this year. Then possibly buying the ninja for my 17th B-Day. If I can talk my mom into it *sigh*. Or I will have to wait another year.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah 500, I took it at Murray high. The ninja they had me riding was red with purple rims lol. Thats awesome, your the 1st SLC member I've talked to on here

1 - 20 of 114 Posts