Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I've been flat on my back since I came out of hospital, all I've been doing is watching movies.

There is a guy who does reviews on the radio station I listen to, after many years of reading and listening to other people review movies, this guy is the only one that is in tune with my tastes. 99/100 times I agree with him.

So this got me thinking, why not share movie suggestions/opinions/reviews on here. Feel free to use your own rating system... you never know, you might find someone who you are in tune with.

Mine is pretty simple. Basically, they all relate to how I would have watched the movie if I knew how good it was going to be eg. if it scores 'Cinema' it was worth paying to go see... if it scores 'free' then I'd download it, or borrow off a friend etc.

Opening Night
Cinema
New Release
Weekly
Cheap Tuesday
Free
TV
I want X minutes of my life back

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I've watched 15 movies in the last few days, here is the round up. Be as detailed as you like, or as brief.

Dinner For Schmucks - new release (comedy)
Faster - cheap tuesday (action)
Skyline - TV (SciFi)
repomen - new release (SciFi Action)
death race 2 - new release (If you liked the first one, worth watching)
love and other drugs - weekly (Depressing)
Easy A - new release (comedy)
unstoppable - new release (action/thriller)
The American - new release (Assassin, different)
Predators - new release (Fans of the Predator franchise will enjoy)
Game of death - New release (CIA action)
Tekken - I Want X minutes of my life back
I spit on your grave - Cheap Tuesday (hack and slash)
Two Lane Blacktop - Cheap Tuesday (Old school drag racing movie)
30 Days and Night, Dark Days - Free (Bland Vampire/Action)
The Last Exocism - New Release (Horror, I wrote this one off but it was a surprise hit in my books)

Felix

·
Registered
379 Posts
Of the movies listed, I've seen 3:

Faster - I like Dwayne Johnson (The Rock). He's very charismatic but hasn't got the opportunity to show it in this one. Not great but not bad either.

Skyline - Way better than what I was lead to believe. Great action and a straight-forward plot. I thought the alien design was excellent.

Predators - I'm a big fan of the first two (yeah, I liked the second one as much as the first) but this one sucked. The predators here were piss weak. They didn't do anything. The predator from the first movie would've killed every human and every alien in this thing in like 5 minutes.

Okay a couple of suggestions for you Felix:

How To Train Your Dragon - Family movies don't have to be stupid and this one proves it. Great story, great action.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - If you're a fan of 80's video games you'll love this. Weird but really good. You'll know if it's for you after the first 5 minutes or so.

Kick-Ass - Watch it for Hit-Girl. The whole movie is awesome but Hit-Girl steals the show.

Centurion - Surprisingly good. Didn't hear much about this so after I watched it I was like "whoa where did this come from?".

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Aysee, wasn't Faster a documentary of MotoGP? Which Faster are you referring to?

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Hands down one of the best movies of 2010, if you can get through the first 30 minutes and you have a soft spot in your heart for Mortal Combat on the Sega...

Thanks folks, I now have some more movies to add to the list!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Spooph, I'm referring to the action movie released last year with Dwayne Johnson and Billy Bob Thornton. But now you've got me interested in this MotoGP doco.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
The Room - Opening night!! hahahah (for those of you that have seen the room)
The acting is awesome and so is the camera work! (ive seen better in GCSE productions!)

On a serious note:

The Expendables - Awesome movie, is you haven't seen it in the cinema get it on DVD because its a classic 80s action movie with modern effects and an awesome all star cast!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who Killed the Electric Car - New Release (Doco)

Good documentary, well worth a watch if you have ANY interest in the future of this planet in regards to pollution brought about by the automotive industry.

Before I hurt my back, I was in process of taking my first step down this road... I might start a thread on this. :p

Felix

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
That would be sweet Felix! Hey, while you have all this time to watch stuff, check out the 1988 broadcast of Equinox (a british show) about fuel from water on google vids...

Also Zeitgeist is a good one, and it's follow ups.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm I'll check that out. Seen Zeitgeist, got the second one ready to watch, and I'll watch the third after. Big Fan!

Just watched;

Due Date - New Release (Comedy)
Tomorrow When the War Began - TV (Teen Action)(This is an adaptation of a series of Australian books in the 90's that are a oh too close ripoff in my eyes of the 1984 classic Red Dawn)

Felix

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Grown ups, between new release and weekly, not omg go and see it type of movie, but it is quite funny

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Hurt locker was a good movie

Avatar - New Release, interesting movie don't think I understood it though. Felt like a video game.

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never - I want X minutes of my life back, Don't ask! I got dragged by a friend. I think it was overrated. IMO It was a concert movie not a documentary.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hurt Locker was a great film, but I was more partial to The Kingdom. The gritty, in your face war movies that shock you are awesome.

Avatar is one of my favourite movies along with the Transformers series, Alien, and Aliens.

Watched Inception last night, and really enjoyed it, but there was a lot of thought needed in some places.

Tomorrow when the war began was pretty decent for an Aussie film, but I agree with Felix, bit of a rip-oof of Red dawn, which I understand is being re-hashed as we speak.

Legend of the Guardians, Awesome animated flick. Would love to see it in 3D.

Got Death race 2 to watch tonight.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Holy crap dude! You're blowing through them with a quickness! How are you getting them this quick? Also I realized I have 350 movies in my Netflix list.... I think the postal service needs to speed up.... :D

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Battle: Los Angeles - Cinema

Really just went to see LA being blown up. Good movie. It was a little freaky seeing Ne-yo trying to be an actor, nothing special. I swear one of the main characters was the guy from transformers 2 that got tazed in the nuts. I liked it. They dissected an alien it was sooo cool.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.