Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
....anything else u can suggest..help??
Other mods that can be done (but maybe not cheaply)

Sprockets
Full exhaust
Air filter Pods
Power Commander w/ O2 eliminator plug
Piston upgrade kit 265 or 282 cc (requires head work)

The first thing to get is a good exhaust system, and it must be a full system. The Leo Vince Evo2 would be one of the best selections. (LeoVince Exhaust Systems have a new ECU for the EFI version 250 Ninjas. These units are installed in the 250 Ninjas for The WSBK European Junior Cup. Race-equipped Junior Cup Kawasaki Ninja 250R bikes are equipped with a full race exhaust and ECU.)

The second thing that is recommended is the LeoVince fast fuel-system ECU with the right mapping (http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-k...008_2009/12087) with the full-system exhaust choose ref.# 8408 (works with or without air box modification and O2 Sensor). For this modification you need the O2-sensor removal plug. Removal of the O2 sensor is a MUST.

Disconnect the KLEEN air system (inlet air pressure) but don't disconnect the sensor because this will give you an error code in the FI-system. You only close/ block off the hoses.

As another option you can choose the Factory Pro ignition advancer. This will give you a 5 degree ignition advance, which may result in a 1-2 HP increase.

Remember
Dyno Tuning is highly recommended for any EFI System. A bike can run very strong after a mod, but actually may be running lean.

If after spending a ton of money for all these mods is still not enough, you can get a Ninja 300 with more HP stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
abhishekrawat1985 said:
Bt I tried removing the kleen air system but it's nt there in this bike..and Hw can sprockets help in power n wher can I by them
And power commander will inc Hw much power
I'm not an expert but I heard sprockets don't give you power..they just maximize your top speed

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
aberk said:
I'm not an expert but I heard sprockets don't give you power..they just maximize your top speed
They don't give you power increases as such but if you knock a tooth off the front and maybe add 1 or 2 to the rear you get better acceleration thus making it feel more powerful but you sacrifice top end not gain it ,!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Bt I tried removing the kleen air system but it's nt there in this bike..and Hw can sprockets help in power n wher can I by them
And power commander will inc Hw much power
....Disconnect the KLEEN air system (inlet air pressure) but don't disconnect the sensor because this will give you an error code in the FI-system. You only close/ block off the hoses.
There should be a hose on top of the head attached to the air switching valve (in between the plugs). That's part of the KLEEN (aka inlet air pressure sensor) If you are not doing a full exhaust, there's really no need to do this anyway.

A proper sprocket combo will better utilize to power available too you. An under geared bike wastes HP. Most M/C parts outlets sell sprockets.

Depending on which mods you do, a Power Commander or the LeoVince fast fuel-system ECU can add anywhere between 2-4 HP. They work better with full exhaust systems.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Akrapovic doesn't make a full exhaust system for 250. Replacing the ECU will change the engine timing and the fuel injection. The KLEEN air removal may reducing some popping noises you may be hearing when completely closing the throttle on deceleration. A common occurrence with slip on exhaust.

If you have stock gearing (14/45), Try a 15 tooth front sprocket (requires no major modification or new chain length, install is easy). It will improve your gearing and even add a couple mph on the top end. Keep in mind that any HP you gain will be at the top of the rpm range and you may not necessarily feel any noticeable jump in power. The fore mentioned mods (ECU, Full exhaust, pistons etc..) are those used for racing applications and may not be worth the cost for normal street riding. But to each his own.

Stock FI Ninjas already are in the 30 HP range, where most of us with carbs try to get. If it is torque and HP you seek, then the 300 Ninja is your future choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got ninja 300

I've installed full Yoshimura system
K&N flat panel filter
Juice box pro efi tuner
Yoshimura bar ends
Genuine bar sliders

I think I noticed a bit of power gain when I rip in it wants to lift up I notice the tank lift between my legs were as before never noticed that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.